Mental Health Collaborative School

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by iloveturtles, May 4, 2010.

1. iloveturtles

iloveturtles Guest

Does anyone know anything about these school in California?

They are wanting to send my son there. Or at least start what is called a triage process.

He was just suspended again - makes 11 days in total - so quite a bit will go on now.
  2. smallworld

smallworld Moderator

I'm sorry I don't know anything about this type of school (I live clear across the country on the East Coast).

But I want you to know that I'm thinking about you.

I do think it would help if you found a doctor who would define the issues your son is having -- give you a definitive diagnosis and offer a treatment plan so he can function better. That, to my way of thinking, would be the most helpful of all.

Hang in there.
  3. iloveturtles

iloveturtles Guest

To my way of thinking too. I have started the conversation with the Dr. in charge of his therapeutic program 1 day a week after school and 3-4 weeks of daytime in the summer.

I am actually working on what to say to my insurance company right now. It is a state subsidized plan - not medi-cal, but close.

I have been warned that some of the kids in these schools are extremely violent.
  4. smallworld

smallworld Moderator

If that is true, it sounds as if it is not in your son's best interests. I'm sorry.