Merry Christmas from the rat

klmno

LOL!! I was almost afraid to read this when I saw the title of the thread and who posted it, (jk), but that was really cute, Star!!

susiestar

Roll With It
ROFL!!!!

Star, this reminds me of the year my cousin A (a year younger than Wiz, but the daughter of my dad's little sis) was 2.

She had heard the Nativity Story. All the animals came to see the Christ baby. So when my Aunt was putting up the Nativity scene, A went to find all of the animals she could.

OK. So all the animals from the fisher-price farmhouse were there. A few smaller stuffed animals.

And one rubber RAT from Halloween!

A was HYSTERICAL when they tried to remove the rat. Our Great-Aunts all lived nearby (big Catholic family) and several of them were HORRIFIED when they saw a RAT in with Baby Jesus.

But A was adamant. She would ask each person who challenged her if they REALLY thought that the stable where Jesus was born in was rat free? Cause the Bible certainly didn't say anything about CATS being there.

To this day there is STILL a black rubber rat in their Nativity. And A is almost 16!

TerryJ2

Eouw! LOL.

There was a story in the Richmond Times Dispatch last wk about a rat in an apt at VCU that actually bit one of the girls on the face and made her bleed. (It was in the middle of the night.)
The girls wanted to get out of their lease and the landlord refused.
Stupid landlord. They ended up on the front page of the local section.

Of course, easy child insists that she DEFINITELY does not want to go to VCU after that!
LOL.

by the way, one of my fave movies is the cartoon, Ratatouille. It is such a good satire.

donna723

Oh Star, I love that picture!

Years ago one of the kids bought a huge, life-size, ugly gray rubber rat. I don't even remember why now - just one of those things that kids do. It was always startling to walk in to a room and see it sitting there! And wouldn't you know ... the dog adopted it as her favorite toy! It was almost as big as she was! She'd drag it around for hours, and because she treasured it so, she was always hiding it in clever little places so the other dog wouldn't find it. I'd find the rat in a laundry basket or in a closet with the shoes or hidden behind a door, and it would make me jump every time. That thing was around our house for years because nobody had the heart to take it away from her.