Merry Christmas to my CD / T&SA Family

Ephchap

Wishing each and every one of you and your family a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday !
:xmasdancers:
Here's hoping for a stress free and meltdown free day!
For those whose difficult child's are not with them this Christmas, I know it's hard. We're here to lean on.

Many hugs,
Deb

Ephchap

Well ... did everyone survive? How did things go with/without your difficult child's this year ?

We actually had the best Christmas we've had in a very long time. It was definitely different, as both my boys no longer live here, but it was wonderful. All the kids and their fiance/girlfriend/boyfriend came, as did my mom and mother in law. The kids had each bought gifts for each other, as well as a joint gift for husband and I.

They got us an outdoor firepit thing for our patio! We were stunned. We sit outside a lot, looking over the pond and golfcourse fairway, and it will really come in handy when the weather is cooler.

My mom thoroughly enjoyed herself, which was the best present of all for me. Since my dad passed away 7 years ago, this is the first year that mom was over here while the kids opened up their presents and she loved all the excitement and chaos. Back when dad was alive, we'd all meet up over there (my 2 brothers and spouses and kids, as well as my family) and they'd all open the gifts up from each other and grandparents. In recent years, mom would be over here later in the day, after the kids had opened their gifts, and would only be here for a few gift openings - the ones to her, etc. This year, I convinced her to come over earlier, and she absolutely had a ball.

She and mother in law stayed for dinner, and then we played Uno and mom won. It was a great night for mom. lol.

How did everyone else do?

Deb :xmasdancers: