Message from....

everywoman

beyond, maybe.

Okay, let me tell you about my morning coincidence---

1st block I have all 9th grade boys. They are a handful, to be polite. Right now we are working on researching issued affecting teens and reading the book Monster by Walter Dean Myers.

This morning was atypical. Kids were coming in late for various reason. I keep a binder for each of them on a shelf. (9th grade boys lose everything, so this keeps what they need for class in class!) When they come in, they get their binders. The last kid to come in was JD. We were in the middle of listening to the book on tape. He got his binder, headed to his seat quietly.

I notice a paper fall. I walk over, quietly pick it up to carry to him, notice it is a name plate we made at the beginning of class. Turn the name plate over, it is not JD's. It belongs to KM, a young man who had been in class only 2 weeks before being sent to Department of Juvenile Justice. I thought, hmmm, that's odd, we're reading a book about a kid in jail, and I find KM's nameplate that I haven't seen since the last week of August when he went to jail.

I turn to put it on my desk. There' s knock at the door. I go the the door and the guidance counselor is standing there. And behind her is KM. Smiling at me!

I couldn't even make this stuff up!

susiestar

Roll With It
How great! I bet he was tickled to find his nameplate on your desk, probably felt very welcomed. It must be tough to go back to school after a stint in Department of Juvenile Justice.

Very eerie, but makes you sure there is a larger force at work, doesn't it?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmmmmm. Wonder why it was important for you to get advance notice he was arriving? If it were me, I'd be keeping eyes and ears open.

But then, I figured out there are no such thing as coincidences before I stopped believing in the tooth fairy.

Yup. Twilight theme music time............