Meth labs and sudafedrine

Nancy

Today there were 67 people arrested and scores of home meth labs raided in several counties here. They found large quantities of sudafedrine along with the other ingredients that go into these meth labs. It is a growing epidemic here and getting worse. Drug dealers are trading heroin in for chrystal meth beause of the high demand for it.

Local pharmacies, using logs that people must sign when purchasing sudafedrine, were instrumental in helping authorities in this investigation. Good for them!

Nancy

InsaneCdn

67 people doens't make a dent in anything in the drug world. There's at least 6700 lined up to take their place.
But...
Local pharmacies, using logs that people must sign when purchasing sudafedrine, were instrumental in helping authorities in this investigation. Good for them!

Read more: http://www.conductdisorders.com/forum/f11/meth-labs-sudafedrine-50120/#ixzz250bYKPab
THIS makes a difference. If we can get pharmacies working with law enforcement consistently, then they can shut this stuff down faster and more often, and THAT does make a bit of a dent over time.

tiredmommy

We create an electronic log at the chain pharmacy where I work. We actually have to scan each customer's ID through the register and it gets uploaded to a central datebase. It's a cumbersome system but it is making a dent in illegal sales.

rejectedmom

I am probably on a watch list LOL The sudafed is the only thing I can take for my migrains that works and doesn't react with my heart. So I buy more than the average person but not enough to make anything from it. What worris me is that there is still debate about taking it off the market entirely and the substitutes do not work for my problem.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
l am another for whom the new decongestant doesn't work. l complained loud and long when l could no longer buy my seasonal supply all at once.

l am glad to hear that the new procedures are making such a difference. Methamphetamine is a scourge in the small town in which l live.

JJJ

l am another for whom the new decongestant doesn't work. l complained loud and long when l could no longer buy my seasonal supply all at once.

l am glad to hear that the new procedures are making such a difference. Methamphetamine is a scourge in the small town in which l live.

If your doctor writes a script for it, you can buy more at once.

Tiredof33

It is a huge problem in our area too. Meth makers were paying people to go around to the different drug stores and make purchases. They were caught and prosecuted.

Prescription pain medications are another huge problem in our area. It seems so much easier to buy drugs than when I was growing up.