MH Day? - turned into a short update on us

KateM

Hi, Shari, long time no "see"!

You sound a bit frustrated.Care to update us on what's been going on with wee difficult child and the Shari house?

Glad you're back, but sorry that you "need" to be. ((hugs))

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I've been lurking, just been SO busy.

Transferred to a new team at work and the atmosphere is so much better, but its more work. I rarely leave on time and I'm always buried, so...I don't do much more than lurk here! But trust, I do lurk! I signed in today to post to make sure I was going to get Martie's survey completed before it closed.

Update on my house? Well, difficult child 1 left for boot camp and its going ok. He had pneumonia so he was set back 3 weeks, but he graduates in November, now, and I'm afraid they'll send him home til after Christmas when he graduates...but I'm not panicking.

Wee difficult child has been doing well. Montessori school was the BEST choice, tho we are struggling to make ends meet, but we'll get that part figured out, I think. They are really working with him to be successful there and I've never had to pick him up from school which is a HUGE plus. And he is learning SO much. He's doing addition. Second month of kindergarten.

He's currently not doing Occupational Therapist (OT), but I plan to start when the weather gets worse and limits the things we can do outside and home. I stay in contact with his former Occupational Therapist (OT) and she gives us directions when we need to work at home right now, but when the sun goes down early and the nights get cool, we'll be very limited in what we can do.

On the whole, he's been good, but its the usual roller coaster. Good days followed by bad ones, nothing really new there, just with difficult child 1 gone, I seem to cope better. lol

But I sure could use a MH day! Wee difficult child's been in this school for 2.5 months and he suddenly can't live with the "no toys" rule, its been our morning battle for 2 weeks now (that and he's only eating 3 of the 4 chicken nuggets he has to have each morning, but if I only cook 3, the earth ceases to rotate in the appropriate direction...)

Wee difficult child and I did make our first real solo outing on the horses a couple of months ago. We've done it tons around home, but I finally got brave and took him to one of the state parks. I took our older gelding and difficult child took his horse and he and I did a 10 mile loop and it went great. He had a ball and it is SO calming for him, so I feel like I have an additional tool in my arsenol now, which is good for both of us.

Otherwise, all's well. Thanks for asking!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Nice to see you, I wish K could ride more. It is so calming for her also! I glad you have that. K goes once a week, last week she was riding bareback, it was amazing to watch her, the comfort level she has aquired with the horses. They can snap her out of any mood!!!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Totoro
Last Friday difficult child 2 didn't have school and I had big plans to take him riding. It was an "off" day, and I had a lot of other things to do, so I didn't. Boy was that dumb. Like you say, its amazing the turnaround it can be. I should have called someone to help me either watch him while I got the horses or to get the horses up, and I should have done what was needed to make that ride happen. Hindsight is 20/20, tho, or so they say. Just hopefully I learned from that lesson. I now have this great tool and I used old habits instead of it! Sheesh.

Never fear, tho I'm not posting much, I do check in!

Many hugs to all of you.