Michael Jackson just died!

klmno

True- Ed McMahon had been a hard time just like Farrah, I guess. People seem to be shocked about MJ.

I was less than impressed about the issue with the young boy, but I saw him in concert years ago, doing the moon walk, and it was very good.

mstang67chic

Going Green
What a week. Weird too. They say it always comes in three's but I don't remember a group of three that happened THIS fast.

A lot of talent lost this week.

DammitJanet

Unbelievable!

He wasnt that old.

Klmno...I got to see him too in concert. I saw him in Richmond when he was in the group as the Jacksons.

klmno

They said he would have turned 51 in August. Janet- that WAS a long time ago!

I thought some of ththose health problems he complained about in the past were exagerated, except for the face surgeries, but maybe not. They said he died of cardiac arrest, but I think he must have been in very poor health.

Andy

I just called diva when I read this. Bizarre - I didn't know her generation was so into knowing about him. I thought he was younger than me, but he is older.

Anyway, Diva said she just called my cell phone three times (it is in the van) to tell me. Her friends are calling each other to see if there is someone who hasn't heard yet.

I don't watch the news or read the paper. I knew about Farah because it is on MSN face page. Thank you for giving me a heads up on Ed McMahon also. He and Johnny kept watch over me many a late night as I babysat almost every night in my teens. I could always count on their show to keep me awake.

klmno

Occupational Therapist (OT)- I still think Ryan O'neil and Robert Redford look good, know matter how old they are!

Janet, I'm glad you think MJ wasn't very old- it makes me feel a lot better! I'm a little younger- with the stress on "little". LOL!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've never been a fan of his. Just didn't float my boat. Then with the "oddities" of his home life/social life.......yeah.....

Did come as a surprise though. Ed was expected at his advanced age. Farrah....well, I wasn't a huge fan of hers either......although I admired her once she was out of the lime light. Such a shame. I'd hoped she could've beaten th cancer.

Not been a good couple of days for stars, that's for sure.

DammitJanet

I liked the Jackson 5 when he was younger. I wasnt as much into his music when he got older but I could go a few rounds with Thriller and Bad and a few more.

I absolutely adored Ben. In fact, I think I will go play it in honor of him right now.

Klmno...I grew up with these groups. The Jackson 5, The Osmonds, The Partridge Family. They arent old to me...lol. Besides...Im only 4 years younger than him...lol.

DammitJanet

I hope not. I hope we can now let his problems rest and remember him for his music. No matter what he was or wasnt in his personal life, he was a musical genius. That cant be argued. When you think of the last 45 years of music, you have to think of Micheal Jackson. He is one of the legends. I hope he is now at rest in a place that is filled with peace and beautiful music.

klmno

Me, too, Janet. I'm slightly ahead of you, but not by much. (That's in response to your post about growing up with certain musical groups, etc.)

mstang67chic

Going Green
I guess I was wrong on the three's thing. MJ is the start of a NEW set of threes. First was David Carradine, then Ed Mc and Farrah. Now MJ. Still....what a bad past couple of weeks for the entertainment industry.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Someone actually texted me about this. He did all those pop cult things when I was in jr high and high school...Billie Jean, Thriller etc. So he is tangled in all those memories. No matter what you thought of him later in his life he definately was an icon at that point. Feels like a part of my history just went more into history.

beth

DammitJanet

Oh lord...how could I forget Billie Jean...lmao. I have my very own Billie Jean. I can never say her full name without thinking of Micheal Jackson. I often wondered if her mom named her after that song but never got the chance to ask her before she died.

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's sad but it seems fitting. He had nowhere else to go.

He was over the top terrific with "Thriller". He was an amazing entertainer especially in the sequined glove, red leather jacket era.
He just got odd like a part of what it takes to be a whole human being was missing. Add living in a fish bowl- what more was there for him to do?
No social friends, significant relationships(with a peer) male or female or any sort of real life.He made bad choices like marrying Lisa Marie, adopting babies and naming them Prince. Having young boys to his house and then trying to justify it with nonsense. Eventually, he avoided everyone, he wasn't educated. Almost illiterate but he was gifted in what he did.
His life story was sad but he was a brilliant entertainer who made a lot of people want to get up and dance.

DDD

We were just talking at the dinner table and disagree on whether all three of his children have the same biomom. Then...the conversation got a bit lively when we wondered who would get guardianship. Any ideas.

As much as I admired his brilliance, it lost the luster over the years. He was an outstanding performer. DDD

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
omg!!! i am heart broken. sure he turned into kinda a freak, but his music is phenomenal. easy child 1 and i really bonded with his music when she was a teen. and now aly is super into him. we are all very sad. the world has lost 3 icons this week :(