Michael Jackson just died!

klmno

Marg, I think that's exactly what was going on. Plus, since his idea of beauty (looking good) seemed to be what women typically strive for, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had the psychological aspect of believing he had to stay skinny (too skinny).

Nomad, the attny on tv last night said that it stuck out in his mind that as many people as MJ had aropund him, woprking for him, that the only real interaction he ever saw with MJ communicating anything other than "what he needed or wanted" was between MJ and his kids and the kids' nanny. The attny stressed a few times that he honestly did not think that ANY of the people in MJ's life were really looking out for his best interest- whether in the area of medical care, socially, or financially.

CNN also aired a taped converstaion of the father of the boy MJ was accused of molesting. The father was telling someone "if he could pull this off he could be very rich" or something to that effect. It definitely put a doubt in my mind about the whole incedent, whereas before I really did think MJ was probably guilty.

Last edited:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This morning on the radio, they intimated that he may have taken too much of the pain killer demerol. Not confirmed.

I am so sad. I had just moved into my first apartment with my friend at about 19 years old. I had (have) the Thriller album and we just played it over and over again - probably drove the poor three guys that lived below us nuts! I remember clubbing and dancing all night to his music. It's a great loss.

I wish the media would have focused more on all the good that he's done over the years rather than focus on the absurdities that were never even proven. MJ was in the Guinness world book of records for being the person who contributed the most to more than 39 charities. Also, recall his contributions to fighting hunger in Africa and last but not least, the amazing and astronomical effect his talents had in the music industry. I think it's disgusting how all of those positives were overshadowed these last years of his life and I wonder how much of that can be attributed to his death as well. The Media, it figures.

Anyway, RIP, MJ.

Abbey

Spork Queen
All other issues aside, I don't think there is a person who can dispute his contribution to the music world. He was a brilliant writer, singer, composer and dancer.

I think about the leap he made at age 24 when he made Thriller and all that entailed afterwards. Heck...at 24 I was just trying to figure out how to raise kids, let alone have the media on my back 24/7. (That would have been a sight.)

I've always said I'd never want to be famous. Look at the life he was eventually forced to leave. He came to Vegas disguised a few years back and tried to take his kids shopping. It was a flipping zoo there. Imagine not being able to pop in the grocery store and get a head of lettuce without the world knowing. I'd hate that.

There is still one other out there that has the same 'oddities,' yet incredibly talented. Won't bring it up now in respect to MJ, but there are people out there that beat to a different drum because of their uniqueness.

Love the song Ben. Made me cry.

Abbey

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Sad news....

Just my two cents on the "weirdness", though....

The surgeries started happening about the time he reached his thirties. A lot has been made in the media that they guess he didn't like looking too much like his father. But I wonder if the truth was far simpler?

Perhaps Michael Jackson could not bear to get older....?

The first surgeries were subtle....he looked great. But then, he began stretching and distorting his facial features more and more. But still--no wrinkles, no lines around the eyes.

And then when the over-whelming criticism became that he looked too much like a woman, he added the square jaw and cleft-chin...

But still, no wrinkles....

And by all accounts, he continued to act as though he were still a kid. (We all remember the television footage of MJ climbing trees and riding the merry-go-round...in his forties.) And the schedules and the exercise routines and the lifestyle....

His 50 year old heart probably just couldn't take it any more....

May he rest in peace!

--DaisyF

Marguerite

On the o wrinkles thing - have you seen Germaine? Or their dad? Them's darn good genes, they look fabulous and I don't think it's surgery or Botox.

Sometimes there's a lot to be said for heredity.

Of course we all know Michael had surgery, but I suspect even without he he still would have been wrinkle-free.

He did have a lot more work done after the accident with the Pepsi video shoot when his hair caught fire.

Marg

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
On the o wrinkles thing - have you seen Germaine? Or their dad? Them's darn good genes, they look fabulous and I don't think it's surgery or Botox.

Marg

O, I agree!

But they also look their age. Let me re-phrase....they look like mature men, perhaps not their actual numerical age--but mature men. One would never mistake them for a twenty year old.

As KLMNO said....Michael Jackson was a 12 year old in a man's body....and in my humble opinion he struggled with the fact that his 30 year old face did not match his "inner child".

--DaisyF

klmno

Interesting- they towed MJ's dr's car last night and are now looking for this dr. I find it odd that his dr has more important things to do today.

Actually, they just clarified. The car was towed from MJ's home last night and belonged to an associate of MJ's cardioligist. What law enforcement is concerned about is 1) are there drugs in the car or a link between drugs and MJ and this dr and, 2) why isn't the dr stepping forward to just say he was called to the home and tried to treat MJ' for chest pains or something legitimate- basicly- why has this person disappeared?

Last edited: