Mini-vaca

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We're leaving tomorrow morning at 5AM to begin our 10 hour drive to West Virginia. H, easy child, easy child's boyfriend, and I are all driving in my little Honda Civic - the trunk will be packed with sleeping bags and pillows. Should be quite a ride.

We were able to get a friends & family discount at the rafting place my sister works at on the New River and we also rented a cabin for the 3 nights (but we're bringing a tent for easy child and boyfriend to sleep in one of the nights to H and I can have a night alone together - for a change, lol).

Anyway, I am so excited to get away and get on that river. When you're on the river, everything else just melts away and you think of nothing but the glorious mountains and water around you. West Virginia really is Almost Heaven to me. I can't wait. And I was able to convince H to stay until Monday, which is huge in and of itself - he usually wants to rush back home right away to work!

We're leaving difficult child home alone to care for the dogs, garden, pool, and house. I have three people scheduled to pop in on her and do drive bys. I don't think she will have a party (because she doesn't have a heap of friends) but she will likely have that new 28 y/o boyfriend over, ugh. Although I told her he can't sleep over, I will be 600 miles away, so there is nothing I can do about it from where I will be if he does. I have to hope for the best and pray that everything goes okay. I trust the people watching her to intervene when necessary. Just throw up a good thought that difficult child behaves and my house doesn't burn down or anything! Thanks -

I have so much to do this afternoon/evening. Can't wait to get out of work today!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm envious. I'd camp without a tent, naked, if I could get away! Not too sure about the rafting though.

I'm sending good thoughts toward difficult child. The kind that say, "hey, do something besides the 28-year-old".

Have fun!

everywoman

Sounds like a great trip and just what the doctor ordered. You're right, you can do nothing to stop difficult child from doing what she's gonna do---so, let it go. Go and enjoy yourself.

eekysign

Way jealous. I love it down there. You gonna be near the bridge? Didn't we chat about Bridge Day a while back?

That's a beautiful area to spend the Fourth in. Oh yes, definitely jealous. ;)

Have a BLAST and let the worries go!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yes, Eeky, I will be floating under the bridge on Saturday!! My sister lives in Fayetteville and we're camping at the outfitters. I love that little town!

trinityroyal

Jo, have a wonderful vacation.

Sending positive vibes in the direction of your difficult child that she behaves, but I agree that you need to let everything go and enjoy your time away.

Have fun!

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Have a GREAT time, and don't think about another thing while you are there!

I know what you mean about floating on the water with trees and mountains all around... sigh. Did some of that on our trip and it was heaven!

tinamarie1

Jo...I know you are gone now, but when you return you will have to tell me what town/area yall stayed in. We are going to WV on the 22nd of this month and staying in Marlinton? At some pre-civil war cabins. I am soooooooo excited. We are going to take the Cass Rail Road trip when we are there. Sooo excited. I don't know of any other things to really do there....so you will have to tell me what yall did and where you went rafting.

KTMom91

Hope you have a wonderful time! It sounds great!

Sending positive "please don't do anything stupid" vibes to difficult child.