Mini vent on the impulsive shopper in my family...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
a certain husband, if truth be told.

He volunteered to go to the grocery store for me this afternoon. I gave him a list of about 8 items and drew a line under them and wrote THAT'S ALL, as in that's all we need so don't buy anything extra.

We have some gift certificates to a store where you assemble your own meals to take home -- people gave them to us after husband's brain surgery. We'd agreed just a few days ago that I would try to go in this next week to use the certificates and make up a bunch of meals to put in the freezer.

Well husband came home from the grocery store with waaaay too much food that has to go in the freezer! :hammer:

And of course, being the difficult child that he is, when I mentioned the consequences of his shopping trip his wittew feewings get aww bwoozed.

Sometimes I just wanna smack him for making me feel like I'm the only conscientious adult in the house. :mad:

DammitJanet

Ugh. Sounds like around here. Im dangerous when shopping...lol. Though the freezer section isnt my downfall, mine is the toddler girls section and the toy department!

susiestar

Roll With It
Ignore the bruised feelings. They are a way to get you to stop expecting him to follow simple directions that are for the good of the family. Consequences happen. Period. We cannot escape them. Maybe YOU should pout because he didn't follow directions. would HE change what he does if YOU acted all pouty with bwoozed feewings? My husband will turn things around if I mirror his feelings then wait a day or two and say, Oh, by the way, I was giving you exactly what you give to me on X occasions. I will knock it off and act like the adult I am if you will also stop it and be an adult.

maybe that will help.

KTMom91

Sounds familiar...Hubby brings back the most amazing things, and then says, "I thought you liked pickled parsnips! (or whatever strange thing it is)" In ten years, have you EVER seen me eat that?

Or he comes home with eighteen times more of whatever I'd asked for. Like the time I asked for a jar of chicken gravy and a few bananas. Six jars, and so many bananas Curious George would have trouble eating them all.

I can't let him go to Target unsupervised. He shops clearance end caps only, and brings home electronics that are unnecessary and strange, but "I can use them for...(fill in the blank)." Home Depot? Harbor Freight? No way. Thank heavens we don't have a Fry's here.

I hear you...I hear you.

At the moment I have about 30 apples in my house that are half bruised. Why husband? by the way He only bought one other thing and ANOTHER bag of apples that nobody eats. Going food shopping is his job now, so I won't complain.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. I hear you.

I sent husband to the store for some lunch items and breakfast items for me. I have to eat 3 meals a day while in school in order to think. Um, he got rice krispies for him, balona I can't eat cuz the salt content is sky high and pudding cups we didn't need.

Plus an endless list of items we can't afford and can do without.

yup. feel your pain.

Hugs

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
husband was deadly in ethnic food stores. He'd load up on weird produce, strange cured meats, all sorts of stuff.

Then, he'd get a set of menus in his head and go off in search of ingredients. Now, husband was a chef and he sure could cook, but cooking for the household on a chef's salary isn't the same as cooking for the Marriott where even back then, thirty dollar entrees were not uncommon.

Or, he'd make bouef bourgenon ( sp?) and kvetch about having to use round steak when "everyone" knows it's supposed to be made with the ends of the beef filet...

Loved the man dearly and will go to my grave missing him, but man could he be irritating sometimes!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Ladies--

I think this is just a case of men being overly suseptible to the "sales gimmick". I mean, it's such a good deal--it would be silly to pass up 10,000 bananas for a dollar or a bag of plastic screws for 75 cents or a box of useless junk for just a couple of bucks.

--DaisyFace

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - I never ever everlet husband go to the grocery store unsupervised.

Sam's Club is SUPER dangerous. But he goes without me... Sigh.