Miracle Update on mistaken identity

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Hound dog, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I just got home from school a few mins ago. husband greets me with the news.

Background checker co called him this morning to apologize. :highvoltage: Turns out the person who did his check was new and didn't "know" to follow thru once they got a match with a name to confirm the info, or didn't bother. Co has varified that it is not husband, and are sorry the mistake was made. They have sent the varification to both us and the co that wants to hire him. Plus they left a message with the HR person to give them the result via phone, too.

Well, I must say that I'm impressed. The background checker co turned out to be honest afterall. :whew:

Now, let's see....... What would be a suitable reward for a :warrior: wife who saves her husband's @ss ? Ought to be something good don'tcha think? lol

Afterall, if I'd left it up to husband he'd have ranted and raved and done nothing about it.

Gosh! I hope they don't take long to hire him. Maybe after he had to go thru all this, they'll rush it thru. :biggrin:
  2. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hooray! I'm so glad that it all worked out.

3. Liahona

Liahona Active Member

Yea!!! What great news!!!!
  4. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Great news!!!! It was bad enough he was fired for something he didn't do but especially for something like that! Ugh. Hope things happen quickly from here on out.

As for the "reward"........let's see.......professional massage, spa treatment at a salon, gift cert. at favorite store, I could go onnnnnnn and onnnnnnn! lol

Glad they acknowledged their mistake!!!
  5. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

:bravo: Excellent news! Keeping fingers crossed that H gets the job!! :angel:
  6. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

GREAT news!!!! I love it when innocents are vindicated!!!!

Now see, all those years dealing with a difficult child has paid off when you don't roll over and play dead.....

:wink: :warrior:
  7. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

8. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Oh, I hope the company does re-hire him right away. If he's lost the job from that mistake, what an aweful shame that would be. I'm glad the company called to apologize. Still, it doesn't seem enough, when the results could have been so damaging.
  9. kris

kris New Member

<span style="color: #006600">jewlery....i'm thinking a nice piece of jewlery is in order here.

this is great news. lisa.

kris </span>
  10. tinamarie1

tinamarie1 Member

Great job warrior mom and wife!!! Check one off for our team...yeah!!!!!!!!!
  11. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good job Lisa. I'm thrilled for you and husband.

12. Loris

Loris New Member

Great news! I'm so glad they called you back. Hope he is hired soon!
  13. Sue C

Sue C Active Member

I'm so glad this was resolved and I hope he gets the job!!!!

14. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

Just goes to show - it's always worth asking questions and doing a bit more digging.

Another thought - that company who were supposed to do the background check properly - why don't YOU ask them to hire you? After all, you were able to find out more, and quickly, than their newbie. Anyone who has ever had to fight battles for a difficult child knows how to dig, how to work around the obstacles and certainly knows how to negotiate!

15. bby31288

bby31288 Active Member

Thats the best news I've heard all day!!! :bravo: You go Warrior Wife...