Miracles do happen!

meowbunny

I have so been dreading Mother's Day. The last time my daughter was away on it, I received nothing -- not a phone call, not a card, nada. I pretty much expected the same this year.

Amazingly, she called me yesterday to let me know that she had to work a double shift on Sunday. I told I had expected as much. I then quietly asked if maybe we could have breakfast together. She said she'd love to but she didn't have a car. I jokingly reminded her that I did. We chatted a bit more and then I asked what time I should pick her up. .... DRUMROLL .... How about 7:30 Mom?

My child, the person who thinks sleeping until 2:00 pm is reasonable, is willing to get up at 7:30 am to have breakfast with me! If she succeeds in getting herself up for this, I will truly feel honored and privileged. If she doesn't, I'll at least know the thought was there (even if I will be hurt that she didn't follow through).

Either way, she's come a long way. This is truly the first time I can ever think of that she put my feelings before hers. That is a phone call I will treasure for the rest of my life.

chrisdog01

That's great! Hopefully she follows through with breakfast.

Mother's Day is a whole lot different when we have these difficult child's, isn't it?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
That is a phone call I will treasure for the rest of my life.

I hear ya, MB...will someone please pass the hankies...:9-07tears:

I hope you have a wonderful breakfast.

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I so hope difficult child is able to get up and make it to breakfast. I think it would make an awesome and memorable Mother's Day for the both of you.

What a wonderful phone call. Warms my heart.

Hugs

witzend

I hope you have a wonderful breakfast!

So far, husband has planned breakfast and invited L. She called today to say she is coming. I told husband that he could also invite M, but that M had to not make it all about him. So far, no word on that.

I wish holidays weren't so hard for all of us.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Bunny,

I'm delighted for you - sounds like a special day ahead for you.

Yarrrrrrrrrrrr

Whats a holiday????