Miss KT has a job!

KTMom91

She is going to be a nanny, for two kids ages 5 and 2, live-in, but only working three days a week. She's starting part-time now, until school's out, then apparently moving in and getting started. She'll be here in town, about 5 miles away, and one of her favorite teachers was the husband's former supervisor (which made her feel more comfortable).

I don't know what I think about it yet...I'm glad that she took the initiative to find a job, I'm glad I'll have my house back, I'm glad she'll have a place to live, BUT I'm concerned that she's getting in over her head with both the job and the situation. She's never had little kids around 24/7.

Please send some good thoughts her way that this will be a good learning experience for her and not a huge negative.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
YEA!!!! Way to go KT!!! I was rooting for her!! :D

I understand your nervousness. But she's getting to start with just a few days a week and that will let her ease into it to some degree.

Fingers crossed and saying a prayer that she loves the job and does exceptionally well at it!

N

Nomad

Sending good thoughts. I agree, the initiative thing is very good.
But, be careful. This is her DEAL. You are on the PE Forum. What does this mean? It means your child is 18+. It means time to start letting go. If she messes this up, hopefully it will be a learning opportunity for her. Sure, wish her the best. BUT, any scrxw ups are on HER not YOU. Good thoughts/vibes that she likes this job and figures it all out.

DammitJanet

M...I almost spit my diet coke out of my nose when I read this! I think its great and hilarious at once.

A difficult child nanny! For two little boys no less! How ironic...lol. (Are you having tiny little thoughts in the back of your head that you hope that at least one of them is a bit on the hyper side?)

Maybe this will be a huge exercise in birth control! Or...heaven forbid, it could cause her to want some kids of her own!

Jody

I almost spit my soda out when I ready Janet's reply as well. LOL. Too Funny. I am glad she was able to find something so soon and hope it goes well for her. I am glad you get your house back most of all!!!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Aw good luck, Mary. I hope it works out well. It's a big job; I'm glad she's going to have some transition time to see if she really likes it before she's fully committed to the job.

Now start your "empty nest countdown"!:bravo::dance::wine:

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good for her. She took the initiative. Lots of people stumble through a few jobs before they find where they are going.

KTMom91

She reports for her first day with the 2 yo at 7 tomorrow morning. This is a trial day to see how they get along. Keeping fingers crossed that they have a wonderful day!