Miss KT's itchy scalp...

KTMom91

After trying all the remedies suggested (the oatmeal mixture looked like baby diarrhea, and of course, she got it all over the bathroom), the itching wouldn't stop, so she went into Urgent Care. She has a fungal infection on her scalp. Since she has a bad habit of grabbing whatever brush is available, my hairbrush had fungus on it, too.

I just sent her to Target to buy me a new brush. Yuk.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well... Yes, it does... And it's a PAIN to get off walls... Sorry...

As for the infection - nope, it wouldn't help with THAT.

You can run a brush through the dishwasher and it kills lots of nasties.

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm glad she got it checked out and is getting treated. It could have spread and really gotten nasty. I hope you don't come down with it.

susiestar

Roll With It
Yuk. Sounds hideously itchy. I think I would probably scratch grooves into my head in her situation! I hope the medication clears it up and keeps it gone. It is like cradle cap - the stuff babies get on their heads? My kids still fight that periodically. Esp thank you in the warm months. his hair is so thick and coarse and curly that the heat and sweat just sit in there and it gets pretty nasty and itchy and sore.

(((((hugs))))) - for Miss KT that she feels better soon and for you for having to deal with her itch - induced grumpiness.

H

HaoZi

Cradle cap is not a fungal infection. Kiddo had it and her pediatrician suggested using Head & Shoulders dry scalp shampoo for, which worked well as long as stuck with the name brand, she said it was a type of eczema. Now it seems we both have the psoriasis that runs in the family and have to use it again. The Rx lotion only helps so much for us.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Tar based shampoo works wonders for psoriasis. It's also not cheap and sometimes hard to find, but does come over the counter. Works better than the lotion.

Glad you know what you're dealing with, keeping fingers crossed she didn't manage to pass it on to you.

H

HaoZi

Tried the tar stuff, it's a no-go. Tried everything and only H&S, Rx, and tea tree helps.
KT did she get a new brush for herself, too?

InsaneCdn

You can run a brush through the dishwasher and it kills lots of nasties.

And after that, stick the brush in a sealed plastic bag in the freezer for 48 hours - that kills all sorts of other nasties...