Missed Dose Abilfy

mysrk

Mom 2 One
Our insurance just changed and I called in the script this morning (totally out of medications) My son takes 2 1/2 mg per day. When I went to pick it up they said this medication needs to be pre authorized. Is my Son going to be ok if he misses 3 doses Sat, Sun and Mon? His Dr does have an emergency number but not sure if this would be considered an emergency? Any with experience with this?

H

HaoZi

Talk to the pharmacist (not the assistants) and see if they'll dispense the 3 days. You can also pay for those days (if you can, I know it's expensive) or try contacting customer service of the company that makes it and ask if they'll call in a free code (explain to them why, I've had companies do this for me due to the same problem, they called the pharmacy directly with the code and I had 2 week supply in hand within an hour).

mysrk

Mom 2 One
Thanks so much! Thinking getting through to a company on a holiday might prove difficult. I never thought about asking the pharm to fill just a few days:)

H

HaoZi

Some companies will have someone there, some won't. You can't be sure until you try, but those are the suggestions our pharmacist gave me. They've also given us 3 days worth of something she was on (not new Rx) to give us time to get the PA.