Missed Dose Abilfy

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by mysrk, Jul 2, 2011.

1. mysrk

mysrk Mom 2 One

Our insurance just changed and I called in the script this morning (totally out of medications) My son takes 2 1/2 mg per day. When I went to pick it up they said this medication needs to be pre authorized. Is my Son going to be ok if he misses 3 doses Sat, Sun and Mon? His Dr does have an emergency number but not sure if this would be considered an emergency? Any with experience with this?

2. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Talk to the pharmacist (not the assistants) and see if they'll dispense the 3 days. You can also pay for those days (if you can, I know it's expensive) or try contacting customer service of the company that makes it and ask if they'll call in a free code (explain to them why, I've had companies do this for me due to the same problem, they called the pharmacy directly with the code and I had 2 week supply in hand within an hour).

3. mysrk

mysrk Mom 2 One

Thanks so much! Thinking getting through to a company on a holiday might prove difficult. I never thought about asking the pharm to fill just a few days:)

4. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Some companies will have someone there, some won't. You can't be sure until you try, but those are the suggestions our pharmacist gave me. They've also given us 3 days worth of something she was on (not new Rx) to give us time to get the PA.