Missed you all !!!!!!! Update.....

hearthope

I have so much catching up to do! I have thought of all of you and have wondered how everyone is doing!

I have two suggestions ~

1. Any of you that feel run down and stressed out ~ Please talk to your doctor about it and get it checked out. I have found several reasons (anemia, thyroid , magneseum ?????) that I was so tired all the time, I always put it on the stresses of my life.

2. Take the time to give something (time,gift,food,etc.) to someone less fortunate than you are.
I have to go to the cancer center for weekly iron treatments for 8 wks. I was so bummed out about my surgery and pain and closing my shop then I went to the cancer center and was greeted by all the wonderful patients! It was like they had little rays of sunshine beaming from them. I thought, how can I complain? they are facing death and I have a bump in the road! It was a tremendous awaking for me.

Update ~

difficult child continues to seem life changing. I got to see him for the first time since the end of april this past sunday. It was a great visit, he sounds and looks good.

He is waiting to meet with his P.D. I believe the P.D. will ask for a hearing and let him plead out guilty ( he pleaded guilty without an attorney from the beginning)

He is hoping to find the right treatment program to go to when he is released.

Between us here on the board ~ after talking to him sunday, the thought actually crossed my mind that he could come home. I never said it out loud to anyone, but it scared me that I thought it.

He seems to have changed so much and realize so much of what I was trying to get him to see when he was using.

I just shared with you all....I know you all know the road I have gone down with him and were as shocked for me to think that as I was....

Traci

witzend

Traci~

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that both you and difficult child are doing well. How is easy child? This is her big Senior year, there are so many things to prepare for, so many 'last dance', 'last game', moving on moments. I hope that she is doing well?

I hope that it will go well for difficult child. It is good to hear that he is keeping his nose clean.

Stay strong!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
The new outlook looks good on you! Sometimes you just have to step back and regroup (and take care of your health!).......

Happy for the changes you see in your difficult child, hope it lasts....

hearthope

WMM ~ Thanks for the sweet reply. I am learning that unless I am healthy, I can not be here for my family.

WITZ~ easy child is doing great! She is looking at different schools and has lots of offers with her V-ball. She even got an invite to play in a tourney in hawaii next july!

Traci

((((((((Traci)))))))))

SO good to hear from you. You've been missed.

Anything is possible with difficult child. Just as you changed your point of view when you got to the cancer ward, you may change your point of view down the line with him. Keep an open mind.

Your mind and outlook being healthy is half the battle of having a healthy body. Good for you!

scent of cedar

Hi! :smile:

We missed you, too. It's good to know that you are on the mend.

I agree wholeheartedly that giving back helps us reconnect with whatever it is that makes us truly human. I haven't been giving much back lately. I am a lesser person for it, I think.

So, you have given me something important to think about.

I am proud for difficult child. It sounds like he is facing up to everything like a man. I'm sure it was pretty scary for him to have you so sick.

How are the rest of the family holding up?

Sounds like easy child is doing well. :smile:

You sound good too, Hearthope.

I'm glad.

Barbara

goldenguru

Thanks for the update. It is so encouraging to hear good news once in a while. Thanks for sharing your good news with us!!

Jen

I dont think it is all that unusual to think about, you two have had time and distance . I am sure he has changed, and to what you like. Of course he hsa different stressors, and less temptations .
As for your self, you are in a better place too because you dont have the same stresses. You also know that he is safe and well taken care of for now.
I am sure you will think long and hard and do what is best for both of you.

Jen

KFld

What a great update.

I want you to think very deeply about what it would mean to and to difficult child to allow him to live back home again. I am trying to think back to if there is anyone on this board who went that road and it actually turned out good. From what I recall, most of the time the difficult child moved backwards very quickly and ended up being not in the best interest of anyone.

Look into other options. I know my difficult child has learned to stand on his own two feet. If I had allowed him to come back home once he started showing progress, I know he would have gone right back down. I know that in my heart.

You need to do what you feel is best for all of you. it's wonderful to see such positive progress in a difficult child, so make sure you do what ever you can to allow him to continue to make that progress.

jbrain

Hi,
I am tending to agree with Karen. Maybe part of why your difficult child is doing so much better is because he is not living with you. That may be an important part of the equation.
Jane

everywoman

HH--it's good to see a positive post from you. I'm glad you are on the road to recovery and that difficult child is ready to start the road to his own recovery.

hearthope

Thanks everyone for the welcomes back!

Karen I just shared with you all that the thought crossed my mind, not that I could ever act on it :hammer:

I know his progression forward is because I am not in the middle of it.

I see know that I tried to 'fix' every situation to help him get on the right path to succeed. I have never totally stayed out of any mess he has gotten into until this one and this is the first time he seems to see the error of his ways.

I understand it has been easy because he tells me he is fine, don't worry and I know where he is and that he is sober and fed and warm and dry.

The hard part will come with the release....for now, I am taking a much needed breather.

Traci