Moderator Question: What is a Google Spider...

Lothlorien

If you google certain words like conduct disorder, they Google gives you a list. If you end up here, on this site, then it's a google spider. Google "crawls" the internet looking for the words you type in. The spiders give Cheryl an idea of how well the site is doing on the internet. It's what brings traffic to the site. Same for yahoo and other search engines

slsh

member since 1999
LOL, gvc - I was really confused by that too - thought we had an insect problem! Seriously! But I wasn't really sure how that computed (ewwww, another pun). :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well you know me and Toto and spiders........

If one of us catches it? It will be catch and release...........

It would be interesting to see what the top word is that brings people here.

Help? Desperate? Frig? - not a word per se but the connotation is certainly felt.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Our Tarantulas are going to start coming out of hibernation soon. I wonder if we have any *Google Spiders* out here?
K will definitely want one!
Yeah what is the word most used?
End of the line...
Last ditch effort...
One last try...

B

bran155

gcvmom: You are so in my head!!! I have been wanting to ask that very same question for quite some time now. I just felt stupid as I thought I would be the only one who didn't know!!!! LOL

Thanks for that!!! :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Toto, I was thinking "HELP!" is probably the word that leads most people here ;)

Bran, the only stupid question is the one you never ask :D At least that's what a professor once told me. I'll get out of your head now!