MOM, I have done REALY bad things....

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
THey could have me in for at least 3 years, mom. Please pray for me I am so scared.... the drugs that I had on me, they are puting me w intended "man slaughter"... ... have you ever heard of this...
For the first time in his life Andre is VERY SCARED.. he said his palms are sweating and requested prayer..
Those of you who believe in the power of prayer please pray for him.
Thanks
Paula

witzend

It's really sad that he got so far along in his life and now is an adult and will be suddenly held to task for his poor choices. I hope that it is not too late for him and that the system will find a way to work with him.

That all sounds very confusing. Does he have a decent lawyer? Is today just a hearing as to pleas, or is he being tried today?

I will certainly keep him and you in my prayers.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Paula,

When you can - will you please explain how he went from being found with drugs to Attempted Manslaughter? Did he nearly kill someone? I'm confused. Thought he was just going to court for being caught with dope.

Of course he's already been in my prayers.

You too.

Hugs

ps. How ARE you really today? This is so much to deal with hon - I hope you are finding a way to cope and take a breath when you can.

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Hey, Andre says the attempted man slaughter charges .. which he had kept from me (I only knew that there was also a felonie) is because of the types of drugs he had on himself in enough amount to re-sell... all this stuff is so confusing to me.
Fortunately for me I have a very good support system including you all .... and I know I am being upheld in prayer and though my mommy heart is aching.. I am at work and doing my best.... the was the most sincere plea for help that I have ever heard from Andre.... he wasn't even asking for anything other than just prayer and to tell me over and over how much he really loves me.... I am saddened for him and his fears, especially that this may be on of the first time Andre experience REAL FEAR!!!
you know he has always been 10 feet tall and bullet proof...
Thank you all so much...

donna723

Having a large amount of drugs in your possession can result in a more serious drug charge - it can change it from something like "Simple Possession" to "Possession for Resale", even if he didn't intend to resell any of it. But no way could this drug possession be twisted into an "Attempted Manslaughter" charge unless there's an awful lot he isn't telling you. Could they have been telling him that to scare him in to pleading guilty on the drug charges?

I will keep you and your son in my prayers that it all works out for the best.

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Hi Donna, I think they may have said that to scare him... he said that he had extacy?? is that the spelling?? and that since it can be deadly....
I think all drugs can be deadly... not too sure what is happening since he is in Florida and I am in Alabama... Sherif dept will not talk to me because of his age.........
:sad-very:

meowbunny

I do know some counties in Florida are coming down pretty hard on those caught with enough drugs to resale them. There is a young woman in either Marion or Sutter County being charged with attempted murder for selling heroin. The DA's logic is that the drug can kill, so let's go for the max penalty we can (and he's not willing to plead down).

I'm sorry Andre's choices are catching up to him so brutally. I'm even sorrier for what your mommy heart is going through. Many prayers that whatever happens to Andre is the best thing for him and that the judge understands there is more here than just a young man who is doing bad things.

(((((PAULA)))))

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
WOW, I had no idea. It's a heck of a way to learn such a serious lesson.

Hugs, Paula.

Suz

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Post court update..
That was quick.. I guess this was just a hearing or something.. Andre just called and said that the judge was very hard on him and told him that with what she had she could hold him in court for 7-9 years... he did not say anything about the trial date but told Andre that he has to go to parole continuously, stay off the streets etc... if she sees him back for a hearing or if he is picked up again for ANY charges whatsoever she will lock him up to the FULL extent of her ability..................
WOW .... He is very scared and realizes now the importance of keeping a straight life.... I heard more I love you moms than I have heard in a very long time... he told me he is still very scared... "mom I can't mess up anymore" .....
Thanks so much for praying and the words of encouragement.
Paula .....
(and yes , he has "atempted man slaughter" on his plate..
YIKES scary!
Love Paula

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay, am I confusing Andre with someone else?, but thought he was going back to face desertion charges in the military? If so, how did he ever get out on bail for the drug charges? Can't believe he isn't sitting in jail if they are that concerned with him committing more manslaughter charges. Sounds like major scare tactics, but I wouldn't tell him that.....hope it works and scares his little behind off!!!!!

Sorry if I got this wrong.......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Paula

The drug charge can turn into manslaughter if he sold/gave drugs to someone who died because of those drugs he gave/sold to them. That's the only way I can think the two would be related.

You and Andre are in my prayers. (((((hugs)))))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dear Paula,

Tonight on the drive home I thought about you driving home also and about Andre. I don't know about you, but I know what happened to me when we got back from bailing Dude out of jail - I was numb. I cried a little, and came here and posted for strength. When we went back to meet his PD and go to court the first time of course no one knew what they were doing. So it was another 2.5 hour trip home and then back again when he DID have a meeting with his PD.

I want you to know - that you are not alone in the fears, anger, frustration, doubt, hurt and in the end love that you feel for your kid. Despite anything he does on this earth he was your baby. Those images don't go away just because we expect them to grow up and become men or citizens. Somewhere in the mix believe it or not; you will find a strength that will get you through this. When Dude gets like this I often think to myself "Could this be the situation that makes him grow up, catch up, 'get' it, be on the road to leaving his difficult child ways behind. And you know what? That's okay to wonder. It's normal. The hardest thing I have had to do in the last 17.5 years is NOT pick up the phone in the last 3 months and call my son. It's my hope for both our children that this time in their lives is a pivotal changing point...and maybe we can secretly wish together that it's the beginning of their growing up and being responsible young men.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. The power of this board is amazing - so keep your chin up and your head bowed.

Hugs & Prayers
Star

meowbunny

I hope Andre finds the strength to walk the straight and narrow. Florida judges are not known for their kindness and understanding. For you, I pray you find the strength to get through this and that there is some hope for you both at the other end of this mess.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope that Andre can keep on the straight and narrow. I have had you and Andre in my prayers all day (and for many days). This must be a terrible shock to andre (the whole situation) especially as Gma bailed him out of so many things. It is hard to grow up thinking she would "fix" whatever he did and then face all these charges and the fear accompanying the entire situation.

Please take care of yourself. I worry about you, this is such a tough thing for a mom to go through.

I will continue to pray that Andre finds his way and can stay on the straight and narrow. Also that you can cope iwth this situation and not lose your mind worrying about him or your health.

witzend

I wanted to add that while it may seem hopeless, Andre is too young for you to give up on him. He's barely 18 years old. It's unfortunate for him that all of this caught up to him at this point in his life. I don't know if it would have been different if someone had come down hard on him a few years ago. He does have to deal with the consequences of his actions. And he needs to know that you love him anyway.