mom2oddson?

Mom2oddson

We are home safe now. But boy was yesterday a scary trip. Everyone had to put on chains except all wheel drive. husband did great driving! I on the other hand, held my breath most of the way over the mountains. Today, the road was wet. Went through the entire reservoir of window washer fluid trying to keep the windshield clean.

Ant got to the place safe and seemed fine. Of course, we were 10 miles down the road when we realized that he still had his cell phone. Don't know if he just forgot or if he was trying to pull something, but I'm sure the place will find it and the natural consequences will take care of it.

Now, as long as Ant works the program and the mountains have no snow 28 days from now, all will be good. (except for difficult child-Step - that's a whole different kettle of worms)

witzend

I'm so glad to hear it. You know, when M was in residential at the end of the year, we were luck enough that our insurance covered it as two different years, if you know what I mean. The clock re-started in January. Not that there's much of December left... but you may get 30 days out of it.

If I had to do it again, I would be certain that my primary role was to be sure that he had supports when he was released. There are all sorts of reasons that a person drinks or acts out or whatever. But ultimately, the decision to drink or act out belongs with the person doing it, not the person they may blame (right or wrong). I can't remember if you have been the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) route before, so I apologize in advance if it seems that I am oversimplifying. I only hope that he will realize that whatever his demon is, he is the one that will have to stand up to it if he wants to conquer it.

For now, enjoy the quiet. It's a wonderful thing that he is so far away. It's much more difficult for him to think that he can just waltz out of it when the going gets tough. You guys need the respite.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying a prayer Ant is willing to work hard on the program.

Glad you all had a safe trip. I think I'd have held my breath too, although I'd have probably had my eyes closed 90 percent of the time as well. lol

Hugs