Monday Goals

M

ML

It's back to work I go. I have enjoyed the lazy days of vacation but it's back to a routine which is really better for us. Manster still has one more day off and husband is taking the day with him. I can expect disaster and chaos when I come home tonight with 2 unsupervised difficult children lol.

I will walk 1/2 hour over my lunch break.
Phone calls to make dentist and allergy appointments
Get goggles and ear plugs for swimming which starts next week for manster.

Good luck to all my friends making their healthy living goals a priority today xo ML

SRL

Good luck with the goals and the difficult child evening, ML! Today's the last day of vacation and like you I've enjoyed some aspects of the non-schedule but we really, really need some order back.

Today I want to:
1) Get the boxes of Christmas decorations ready to put away. It's almost done but if I let this straggle on beyond this week it could be spring...
2) Continue sorting recipes and looking for a better system to store/retrieve, etc. Most of my new recipes come from online but I still have index cards and cookbooks.
3) Laundry...mountains of it!

I made a big pot of chili yesterday so I'm good for supper tonight.

trinityroyal

ML, hope you don't find too much havoc and devastation when you get home from work today.

SRL, I'm right with you on the packing-up-Christmas-decorations front. Last year ours were still up in March.

Here are my goals for today:

1) Take the decorations off the tree and pack them away in their boxes.
2) Cook some sort of vegetable thingie to supplement the tamarind shrimp I made for this week's lunches, now that we're out of salad.
3) Start working on the January 10th client report (so that I'm not scraping it together at 3 am on January 30th.)
4) Try to fit in a tv show and snuggle-on-the-couch with husband before bed (EARLY! to make up for last night)

Yesterday's goals:
- finished the overdue client report (at 3 this morning)
- addressed the staff insubordination issue by delegating it to her line supervisor. (Am I bad?)
- workout--nope
- other stuff on the list--nope.

LittleDudesMom

I had a huge list today and there is only one thing remaining!!!!!

I wanted to:

hit the gym for the 6 am water fitness class - done
detrim the living and dining room - which I leave for last since those decorations are stored in furniture in said rooms - done
get easy child's new script in the mail - done
reschedule difficult child's psychiatrist appointment - done
clean and organize the breakfast room - done
finish two loads of laundry - done
vacuum downstairs - done
empty downstairs trashcans and take out to super cans - done

The only thing I don't believe I will accomplish is getting "gift wrap central" cleaned back up and organized. It is a sleeping porch off my bedroom where I do my scapbooking, sewing, etc. I need to take a couple bags of trash down and reorganize the Christmas wrap, ribbons, boxes, etc.

That will have to wait! I'm sitting down right now enjoying a chicken, lettuce and onion wrap, a big glass of water, and a clementine. 25 minutes to pick up difficult child and I'm just sitting right now!!!!!!!

I think that's a pretty good start. I'm going to put the sleeping porch job on Wednesday's list!

Sharon

SRL

Trinity, one year I confess that I finally put the Christmas boxes away when I got the Easter box out.

Sharon, with all that leftover time and energy you are welcome at my house any time! About the chicken wraps--do you put anything else but the meat and veggies?

M

ML

LDM I'm tired just reading your list! You exude energy.

One year I didn't get the tree down till Ground Hog's day. I love the Easter, Christmas switch. That makes sense to me.

Trin I'm so glad you finished that client report. Feels good having that monkey off your back I bet.

trinityroyal

Trin I'm so glad you finished that client report. Feels good having that monkey off your back I bet.

Boy, does it EVER! I will try my best never to let it go that late again.

Here's how I fared with yesterday's goals:

1) Take the decorations off the tree and pack them away in their boxes. Nope
2) Cook some sort of vegetable thingie to supplement the tamarind shrimp I made for this week's lunches, now that we're out of salad. Nope
3) Start working on the January 10th client report (so that I'm not scraping it together at 3 am on January 30th.) NOccupational Therapist (OT) a chance. Didn't even look at the paperwork
4) Try to fit in a tv show and snuggle-on-the-couch with husband before bed (EARLY! to make up for last night) Did this one

As for yesterday's goals, I think I accomplished the most important one :D

Today, my one goal is to get to bed early again. husband and I are both still exhausted.

Trinity

SRL

Today I want to:
1) Get the boxes of Christmas decorations ready to put away. It's almost done but if I let this straggle on beyond this week it could be spring... done
2) Continue sorting recipes and looking for a better system to store/retrieve, etc. Most of my new recipes come from online but I still have index cards and cookbooks. Didn't even look at
3) Laundry...mountains of it! I did about 6 loads and it's still not finished

I can't believe how much time the decorations sucked up. And I'm seriously low key about it--two trees and just a handful of other stuff.

I bet there's money to be made in decorating and undecorating. :)

trinityroyal

I bet there's money to be made in decorating and undecorating. :)

SRL, there is HUGE money to be made in decorating and undecorating houses.

In my neighbourhood most people hire companies to decorate the outsides of their houses, and some also hire companies to decorate indoors.

I was reading some statistics in a business journal recently. An owner of a Christmas Decoration and Landscape company mentioned that his company brought in over $100,000 during the Christmas season alone!

Don't know what the expenses are for running such an outfit, but there's got to be a lot of profit in it.

Trinity