money orders

klmno

Hi, Ladies! Could someone tell me where I can get a money order? Are they cheaper than cashier's checks? I've gotten cashier's checks before but they were for larger amounts of money- do people get them for small amounts, too- like $25?

jal

klmno-

you can get a money order at your local convenience store. I believe there is a charge for them depending on the amount you need it for. For $25 dollars it may be cheaper than getting a bank check.

DammitJanet

Money orders are normally under a dollar at places like Walmart or WaWa or any convenience store. I get them for around .59 cents. God...Billy worked for a huge chain...and the name escapes me...up there. Sells slurpies! You can get them there!

DammitJanet

LOL....yes! Thank you gcv...lol. He worked there for months and I lived in Richmond for 21 years and I couldnt remember the name!

And I dont have memory issues...yeah right!

The post office is rather expensive to buy a money order. They charge like two bucks to issue one. I just get mine at walmart or someplace cheaper. Especially for what K is gonna use it for.

DammitJanet

I love WaWa. We dont have them down here and I always stop at them up there...lol. They have free air! I dont know why that impresses me so...lol.

Let me tell you a story about Wa Wa. There is this story about geese and how they mate for life and of course, geese say Waa waa when they make their noise. Well I was telling my boys the geese story one day after they had been hunting geese and trying to make them feel bad about killing the goose. Saying how there was this poor goose up there looking for its mate going "waa waa". Well the next time we drove north we say the Wa Wa store...and Cory goes...look Ma...its a goose store! LOL.

Lothlorien

Janet, there's about four Wawa's in the town I live in and they are slated for a few more. I like Wawa too. I can't stand the 7-11's anymore. We also have Quick Chek up here and they've pretty much gone down hill like the 7-11's.

The Wawa stores are based in Wawa PA.

SRL

If you have a bank account your bank will normally do them for you for free.

Up until recently my band would charge for money orders but issue bank checks for free. They just added a $2 service charge for bank checks under $1000.

trinityroyal

You can get money orders at the Post Office? And Convenience Stores? That`s so COOL!
Up here, the bank is the only game in town for such things, and they charge between $6 and $10. Gosh!

SRL

You can get money orders at the Post Office? And Convenience Stores? That`s so COOL!
Up here, the bank is the only game in town for such things, and they charge between $6 and $10. Gosh!

The post offices in our town even offer cash back on credit card purchases. Clearly they're offering more services as the face more competition. It's kind of irritating if you're just waiting in line to send something though, to wait for someone doing financial transactions.

DDD

If you have an AMSCOT in your city, their money orders are free. I think they are a check cashing/payroll cashing place but I know easy child/difficult child gets his money orders there for the Probation people at no cost. DDD