More commercials....

F

flutterbee

I got this in an email today and haven't done any fact finding to see if the claims are true, but it's still pretty cool.

Read this introduction first, then watch the clip... And you thought those people that set up roomfuls of dominos to knock over were amazing. There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it.

The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again.The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over,they were ready to change professions. The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete including full engineering of the sequence. In addition, it's two minutes long so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime.

However, it is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internethistory. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free viewing's"(Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!). When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed on it immediately without any hesitation - including the costs.

Everything; you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) are parts from those two cars.

When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real!

Oh, and about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they become wet.>

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda

Of course, the motion in it bothered me and I couldn't watch it more than once. :ill:

susiestar

Roll With It
OK. This makes me wonder WHO has time to actually think up this stuff, much less do it. It is cool, but reminds me of guys I knew in college who had NO LIFE.

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OK. This makes me wonder WHO has time to actually think up this stuff, much less do it. It is cool, but reminds me of guys I knew in college who had NO LIFE.

I dunno Susie. My son in law would kill to have their job! :rofl:

I'm going to send this to him. He'll LOVE it!

But I certainly wouldn't have the patience.

OK, another commercial that I have seen a bunch of times before, then not for a long time, but now again it's being run again.

It is for Kohler. You see a guy taking a shower in this unbelievable set up, with multiple shower heads, temp control, and there is opera playing in the background that he is lip synching to.

Cut to the same guy tucking in his shirt (work shirt; he is obviously a plumber), hair wet, walking into the living room, and telling an older, very wealthy looking couple that their shower is all ready. The couple notes his wet hair and just look at eachother.

I laugh every time.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I love the commercial with the woman driving and the donut in the passenger seat and she looks really :censored2:... and he looks at her and says "Oh well you were all over me last night".... I crack up evreytime!!! She says GET OUT!!!