More health problems. Need prayers

Lil

You should definitely make an appointment. I won't tell you not to be afraid of doctors, because being rational doesn't work with a phobia...but I will say I'm sure it will be fine. To be thorough, I suggest you keep a list of what you are eating and drinking for your doctor so he can see first hand what your diet is like.

InsaneCdn

CB... unfortunately, our guts are highly sensitive to stress. So, it's likely just your skyrocketing anxiety that is putting your system out of whack.

Californiablonde

I am definitely stressed just about 24/7 so I'm sure that doesn't help. My sleep is also on and off again. My regular routine during the week is waking up between one and three a.m. and not being able to get back to sleep. Weekends I'm fine and sleep like a baby. I'm assuming my lack of sleep is job related. I have an appointment scheduled with my brand new psychiatrist (my old one retired) on the 26th, and I made an appointment with my GP on the 17th to discuss my tummy troubles. Wish me luck!

Kathy813

Staff member
I have had constipation problems all my life until I started using Benefiber twice a day and now I never have any problems. I just use two teaspoons in my coffee in the morning and at night (decaf at night). You can't taste it at all.

Honestly, I wished I had started using it years ago.

~Kathy

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I have had constipation problems all my life until I started using Benefiber twice a day and now I never have any problems. I just use two teaspoons in my coffee in the morning and at night (decaf at night). You can't taste it at all.

Honestly, I wished I had started using it years ago.

~Kathy
I recommend Benefiber as well. Not only is tasteless and "texture-less", but it's not gassy like some other fiber supplements are.

Californiablonde

Well after three days of Metamucil I am finally going again. It does say not to use for more then seven days though so perhaps I will switch to Benefiber. Thanks for the suggestion.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well after three days of Metamucil I am finally going again. It does say not to use for more then seven days though so perhaps I will switch to Benefiber. Thanks for the suggestion.
Metamucil or any of the fiber supplements can be used long-term. Speak with your pharmacist if you are unsure. Try Benefiber as it can be added to hot or cold beverages and even things like soups or puddings.

Plus, Benefiber doesn't turn to "sludge" if you let it sit.

Jabberwockey

Ive tried the pills and the....biscuits?, crackers?...and at that point I wasnt drinking enough water so stopped. I will have to look into Benefiber though, although the commercials are a bit annoying. It makes it look like just a relaxing time having a drink. NO! Im taking freaking medicine people!! Sorry, advertising tends to annoy me. The stupid Hardee's commercials with the models eating the VASTLY oversized burger in a very seductive way. They're using sex to sell antacids for Pete's sake! And I still want to beat the :censored2: out of the ad exec that came up with the stupid diarrhea dance to sell Pepto Bismol ten or so years ago. The A Hole that came up with that one has obviously NEVER had stomach problems or he would know how idiotic that series of commercials really were.

Lil

LOL Nothing like a commercial rant from my Jabber. He has a thing. :D

Benefiber is the one I was thinking of earlier, not Citrecil. I've heard very good things about Benefiber too.

Californiablonde

Okay you all are all going to think I'm crazy but I'm suddenly losing weight rather quickly and scared. I have dropped three pounds in three days and my pants are very loose. Even a coworker noticed how loose my jeans were today. Yes, I am definitely trying to lose weight, but I have been doing all the same things I've always done to lose weight and before I was dropping off a pound a week, if that. Now I am losing a pound a day. What gives?

I have also suddenly developed a chronic cough (No, I'm not a smoker and never have been) and it's scaring me too. Every other day I vomit stomach acid in the mornings and I have been having on and off again stomach pain. I am worried it's stomach cancer since cancer does run in my family. Please somebody give me some reassurance I am going to be okay. I'm trying not to freak out till my doctor appointment on Tuesday!

Lil

:consoling:

CB, you need to CALM DOWN! Pretty much every symptom you have reported, aside from the cough, from gaining weight to losing weight to digestive problems, stomach acid and pain, can all be caused by STRESS! Your constipation could well have caused you to gain weight. Now that things are moving again, you should naturally drop weight. The jeans could be loser just because you are no longer bloated. For that matter, you upped your water intake because of the constipation and the more you drink the less likely you are to retain water - so you could be losing water weight. You've complained of chest pain in the past. I actually ended up in the hospital and had a cardiac cath once after complaining of chest pain...which turned out to be acid reflux! Your stomach and chest pain and your vomiting acid could well be acid reflux. After all, you lay down at night and it creeps up into your esophagus.

As for the cough...it's the end of winter. Stuff's going around. It happens.

Constipation is highly unlikely to be colon cancer. Stomach pain is highly unlikely to be stomach cancer. Coughing is highly unlikely to be lung cancer. Cancer is NOT the first thing you should be thinking of!

Stress can make you sick. Stressing out over every symptom just makes you sicker.

:hugs: You are going to be okay!!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I also wound up in the hospital with chest pains back in June. (Note to self. First of all, don't drive yourself to the hospital if you have chest pains. They yell at you. Second of all, if you want to see an ER start hopping. Come in with chest pains.)

2 days in the hospital. All sorts of invasive, nasty tests. The verdict? Heart is fine. I have inflamed nerves in my ribcage and acid reflux.

Quit catastrophizing. See your doctor, describe your symptoms, and for heaven's sake, get into therapy for the anxiety!

Californiablonde

Well one good thing to come out of this is my BMI dropped down to 29, which officially takes me out of the obese range! I am happy about that. I guess I should just be happy I'm finally making progress, eh?

InsaneCdn

I am convinced that some of us have "difficult child" bodies... you know, bodies that act like our kids. Up one day, down the next, doing something totally unexpected tomorrow, and somehow... ending up going in the right direction at least some of the time.

Californiablonde

You're right, InsandCdn it seems like every day I have new symptoms. Oh and my chest pains are back so I've been downing aspirin like it's going out of style. I go back to the cardiologist next month for further testing. So I'm not only worried about cancer but I still have concerns about my heart.