More humor from Wee.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
"Mom, what is your horse made of?"

(I assumed horse meat and poop was not the answer he was looking for...)

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well... Since Wee isn't made of frogs and snails and puppy dog tails, I guess that won't work, either.

Hmm.

Go for personality traits maybe? Hee hee.

Wee is such a great kid... Issues and all, I love him and I've never met him!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yeah, **** and vinegar was my second thought.

My third thought was "according to me, or dad"?

Instead of answering, at all, tho, I investigated a bit further. After some digging I got the all important hint I needed.

"You know, what's he made of. Like, how was he breeded?"

AHA! He's made of Tennesee Walkers.

(again assuming he's not really looking for actual specifics on how he was breeded...)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well... If he is looking for those specifics, at least you can tell him properly...

SNICKER! You and Wee are welcome at my place ANYtime.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
At least being a TWH makes good sense. For many years I owned an Arabian mare who was one of the best racking horses I've ever ridden.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
GN Our 30+ year old grade "QH" walks out with the best of them. Someone jumped the fence down the line with him, I don't care what they tell me about him. When he just walks, his hind oversteps his front 8".

Step, difficult child 1 was present for the first attempt at conception of this horse. He was 10-ish. He said, as we left, "Well, that was disturbing."

And I thought to myself "hope it stays that way....".

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Shari, my mare had a foot of overreach in gait. I used to have to put bell boots (go over the top of the hoof and heel to protect it) so she didn't grab a quarter. At one time Arabians from Polish lines had quite a few gaited horses turn up.

In fact, I got her as she was supposed to be an English Pleasure horse and refused to trot properly. Arabian horses are usually short 2-3 spinal vertebrae and as a result of the very short back, can injure themselves by stepping on a forefoot with a hindfoot.

It was lucky she went barefoot, even as an endurance horse, as my farrier freaked out the first time he saw her on the long lines

We did a lot of endurance and competitive trail rides