More massage news ...

TerryJ2

hanging onto Jo's coattails, here ...
husband's massage therapist is quitting in a wk.
He is interviewing people for the next wk or 2.
I told him I would like to help with-the interview process.
I usually hate it, because if they're new graduates, they use too much oil and not enough pressure.
But now I'm desperate enough to go for it.
:laugh:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Now that is an interview I would not mind giving.

What I hate the most about newbie massage therapists is that the quiet seems to make them nervous so they tend to chatter and all I want is to drift off during, Know what I mean?? I don't want to chat about how they got into this line of work...ugh.

Enjoy!!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Terry, we don't live that far from each other. This is an important position. I suggest that your husband interview so many candidates that he needs help testing them. Let me know. I'm available- I'd be happy to help. It's the least I can do to help a board family member. That's just the kind of person I am. lol
:angel:

Suz

Last edited:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I'm thinking maybe "satellite sites" for interviews, you don't want to limit yourselves to just one area..........

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
If I may be included in the first round of interviews I will glady volunteer my time for the second interviews.

Gosh Terry - you look TENSE....lol ;)

TerryJ2

ROFL!!!

Thank you all.

I needed that.

I just lost a big outdoor mural job and am royally ticked.
It went to a bunch of HS boys ... for free.

I'll just keep re-reading this thread until I feel better.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Terry, it sounds as if you need a massage to work out that tension.

I'll pick up RM on my way down there. We will test your next interviewee to make sure he/she is competent to help you unwind from this disappointment. :angel:

Suz

TerryJ2

Well, they interviewed their first candidate today. She has had 4 massage jobs in the past year. She is now working in an unrelated field, doing min. wage work.
She told husband she thinks she can diagnosis.
NOT.
:(
One thing she said cracked me up--she wants to work in a medical setting, rather than a spa where massage therapists just do "fluff and buff."

LOL!