More mother in law goo

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
husband told her we got difficult child's school pics. Asked me to get them for her (father in law had dropped off some stuff at our house - she was in the truck and didn't get out). So I reluctantly went to get them. She opened the door to the truck when I got out there and said "I just thought it was time to get a new picture of easy child 2." Grrr. I almost walked away. easy child's last pics were in April. difficult child's last pics were last July.
easy child 2 has tutoring tonight. Since mother in law didn't feel the need to talk to anyone about picking easy child up from the bus and driving her to mom's, I didn't feel the need to tell her easy child wouldn't be on the bus tonight. Let her waste her gas driving over and waiting around.
But she did do something nice. She called and told me I could have the apples that were left on her apple tree, if I want to come pick them.
Hey. Its a start.

DammitJanet

Do you mean to tell me that she ONLY wanted pics of easy child 2? OMG!

Hello...I pay for the pics of my grandkids. Ok...maybe I shouldnt say that completely. I dont pay for all of them. I pay for all of Keyana's and I paid for half of the batch with Keyana and Hailie. Im thrilled to get any of them that Jamie and Billie send me. Heck...they send me some with other kids in them...lol. I dont care. They are pics.

susiestar

Roll With It
At least the apples are a start? Most grands LOVE pics. Heck, my parents give the kids each disposable cameras to take pics of whatever they want and they get them developed for the kids.

Sorry things are so tough with your mother in law.

meowbunny

In the long run, she will be the loser. As the kids get older and see her unfairness, they'll both understand and not forgive her. Favortism usually bites grandparents in the rear. Karma really does work.

KTMom91

My experience has been that grandparents usually want updates of all the kids...my mother in law considers Miss KT one of her grandchildren, not a step, and she wants pictures, too.

That woman is really unique...unique being the code word we used at Afterthoughts when I was manager. We weren't allowed to say something was ugly, weird, bizarre, cheesy, strange...it was unique.