More on the mom of Octuplets

susiestar

Roll With It
I am stunned at the behavior of the mom of the Octuplets. I see her behavior as being SO SELFISH, esp in regard to her parents.

Apparently the home her mom owns that she lives in is being foreclosed on for $23K in non-payment. So what is Ms. Suleman doing? Looking at a house that costs over $1MILLION! The realty company closed the house to viewers when they got word that she wanted to book a tour. Then a TV company rented the place for a day to do an interview with her.

I think she is being put under a very close microscope and none of us could hold up under that, but her actions truly are very questionable.

Here are links to articles on this:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/19/octuplets.foreclosure/index.html

http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/19/octomom-house-million-dollar/

Now, is it just me, or if I could afford to even LOOK at a house worth over $1million, wouldn't I pay to get my mom's house (that I was living in) out of foreclosure? Esp if I had been living in it rent free for a long time?

Also, if I knew I had 8 babies coming home and no source of income, I would NOT be buying ANY dept store cosmetics. She apparently went to the mall an bough MAC clear lip stuff. With the kind of bills from 14 kids total, esp including between $1.5 and $3 MILLION in hospital bills from delivery of my kids, I would be buying walmart brand chapstick, NOT a dept store lip product. (Article here: http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/18/octomom-mac-cosmetics-photo/)

Am I crazy for thinking these things show more reasons why her judgment is faulty and she should NOT have the responsibility and privilege of raising all those kids (or being raised by them, possibly?)

Lothlorien

She probably got paid for those interviews and thinks she can afford the house. Maybe she feels since her mom and dad threw her under the bus, she isn't going to pay to get the house out of foreclosure. She definitely has an inflated sense of self and it's not from all the collagen injections.

donna723

I don't understand why she was even out shopping and doodie-ing around at all when she has eight tiny fragile newborns in the hospital nursery! If I had even one baby in there, a herd of elephants couldn't drag me out of that place!

klmno

I heard her on one interview and when asked about her web page that list a way people can make donations to her, she said "of course, there is no way I can raise all these children without help". Now we all need help sometimes and when we discover we have a difficult child or family emergency, we might need more assistance. But, who deliberately goes out and does something like this knowing there is NO WAY they can ever swing it? And should a person who makes a choice like that be found competent to do what is in the children's best interest?

rejectedmom

Heard on radio today; :president Obama signed the stimulus bill today and most of it is designated for the mother of the octoplets." :surprise: -RM

C.J.

I read a transcript of a recent interview on CNN with Jim and Michelle Duggar - who have 18 kids. They have no debt, and buy used. No new cars. No gov't assistance.

When asked about Ms. Suleman, they responded the woman and her children need prayers. They're going to need lots of them.

My cousin gave birth to her daughter when she was 24 weeks pregnant. She spent every day of the next 16 weeks in the hospital. Her husband came every day after work. There were no trips to the mall for makeup. She immersed herself in learning what was going on with the baby, she read everything she could get her hands on about caring for preemies.

I will join the Duggars in praying for that family - I can do that.

BusynMember

I have a very judgmental attitude toward her, and I am not normally a judgmental person, but WHY DID SHE HAVE IN VITRO??????? She couldn't take care of the kids she already had, and they all have different fathers?????? Sorry, but that's not the way to bring up kids. What was her DOCTOR thinking to do the procedure? I think what she did, and what the doctor allowed, is highly immoral. As for her parents, I think they are nuts for enabling her behavior and supporting her financially in any way. This is a great example of somebody taking advantage of other people. She must be a very selfish person to have so many kids. There is no way one person can care for them all so obviously she was hoping for donations from other people. These kids will get zilch individual attention. Grrrrrrrrr...I'd better stop now ;)

donna723

"I heard her on one interview and when asked about her web page that list a way people can make donations to her, she said "of course, there is no way I can raise all these children without help".

I didn't see that interview. But when she said "there is no way I can raise all these children without help", the next logical question from the interviewer should have been "Then why did you HAVE all these children if you couldn't take care of them?" I wonder how she would have answered that one!

I find the whole thing infuriating and so frustrating! And sad! Those poor children!

KTMom91

As a California resident, I really resent this woman sticking us with this massive debt at a time when the state is already sinking. You know she won't be the one paying that hospital bill.

DammitJanet

There was a time when people had very large families and did it without govt assistance. I imagine they did it in houses about the size of the house being foreclosed on because some of those old farmhouses werent all that big. But that was years ago when kids were raised on farms and they helped out at home. Even the Duggers help out from oldest down to youngest. Mom isnt doing all the work. I dont think in the old days there was a chance in H that anyone had more than triplets.

Andy

The dept store cosmetics? Well, those are for HER t.v. interviews. Gotta look your best when begging for attention!

I notice that she NEVER talks about her kids' well being - it is ALWAYS in the context of "me me me, I, I, I". Funny how she is trying to get everyone to pitch in and help when she doesn't have a clue of what is needed, even after "raising" her first kids. She hasn't talked about the 24 hour 7 day a week duty because she probably has never been up with a child in the middle of the night - I am sure that is one thing her mom took over for.

Who in their right mind would even think about allowing her to purchase a home regardless of the cost at this point. She surely is screaming, "Not my problem to pay the bills. Give me what I want and someone will come along and take pity on me."

We all know that the kids will be the ones to suffer - I would be so tempted to put them all up for adoption. I don't like splitting up siblings but in this case their well being would probably be healthier in other homes than living with "mom". I feel that she will be an abusive parent because she can not handle anyone else needing attention, even her own child. I would love to put a hidden camera in her home to see the true story once the media's eye is gone for the night. Poor kids!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
In my humble opinion, the woman suffers from delusions. I really hope those kids are taken from her and placed in stable homes. The newborns could be easily placed, and splitting them up at this age would not have much of a negative impact. As for the older six, they are the ones who are being damaged the most by this situation.

Pray for them all, indeed. And pray that CPS steps in soon to ensure their safety and sanity.

donna723

gvcmom, I agree with you. She probably thinks she can afford that house the same way she thinks that she can support and care for fourteen young children all by herself! No problems! Just keep smiling and nodding! It just doesn't sink in!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Personally don't care about the department store cosmetics, the issues between this mother & her parents......it's those kids. Those 14 kids.

This is a lady who apparently loves babies.... I know ladies like this ~ the tweedles bio mom was like this. Once the babies weren't small & innocent & didn't need her constantly she lost interest & went on to having more babies. She had no interest in the toddlers, children, teenagers, etc that those babies would become.

This mother sounds exactly the same & is selfish enough to fufill her needs with-o caring about her children.

klmno

Good point, TL! I remember when difficult child was a newborn- I wanted 12 babies. But that quickly changed by the time he was 2 yo. LOL!

Maybe this lady should have just gotten a job in a nursery instead.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Gloria Alred came up with 24 hour a day premie care for all of those babies yesterday - it would be free - the place that does the care works on donations - it wouldn't cost the state a dime. I could see my way into donating a few dollars to that organization even though I wouldn't give HER a dime.

Octo Mom's answer when the news crew asked her about it- "They are just in it for the publicity"

Her father is supposed to be on Oprah tomorrow and admits OctoMom has some mental issues. Supposedly a Bev Hills psychiatric doctor has contacted DFHS to file a complaint about OctoMom as she is a mandated reporter. The church she claims to belong to and is going to give her all this help has come out and said we have said no such thing, she isn't even a member. The house she is living in that is her mom's, this is not the only house the mom owns that is going into foreclosure - there are two others.

The whole family seems like a disaster in the making - and Nadia still maintains she can care for these kids by herself. Will be interesting when the day comes and the hospital says "they are ready to be taken home"

I often wonder if she had any clue as to the ramifications to come over what she has done, and has any idea that to any normal thinking person, she comes across as a wack job. Maybe it is better she stays living in that alternate universe she is in.

Marcie

TerryJ2

Donna, same here. I'd get my husband/boyfriend/parents/friends to house-shop and I'd be cooing in the nursery. Then I'd be taking the older kids out to the park.
Sigh.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh! OH! I KNOW! I KNOW!

Angelina Jolie will ADOPT ALL 14 kids....

And Michael Jackson will PROPOSE to Octomom...

Just remember, you heard it here first, folks!

It may be sick, it may be wrong, but...

The TRUTH is STRANGER than FICTION :laugh:

svengandhi

Maybe Angelina Jolie (another wack job, in my humble opinion) can take a couple of the babies on. Heck, I would take one. I think they all shoule be taken and put up for adoption.

Nadia Suleyman is a psycho whose tubes should be forcibly tied as she's still young enough to do this again.

I wouldn't send a penny to her charity.