More Prayers Needed. BFF had a stroke

trinityroyal

Honestly. I'm not superstitious, but I find myself just bracing for the third thing, whatever that might be.

We are in the thick of preparations for my beloved mother in law's memorial service, getting her house cleaned out etc., and going through the process of getting difficult child back into assisted living, all while still reeling from her passing.

Last night, we got a call from the younger brother of husband's best childhood friend R. He was in a panic because R's wife L, one of my best friends, had a stroke while they were on vacation in Arizona. L has a blockage of the carotid artery, the level of brain damage is still to be assessed, and her entire right side is paralyzed. L had brain surgery last night, and the doctors need to wait for the brain swelling to reduce before they can really figure out what's going on and come up with a treatment plan.

She's an incredibly bright, vibrant woman, and I have no idea how this will affect her. husband is on the phone with R now, trying to do whatever he can while so far away.

Please pray for a good recovery for L.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Trinity, I must have missed the update on mother in law's passing. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Saying prayers and sending (((hugs))).

Will add your bff to my prayers as well for a good recovery.

(((hugs)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Trinny -

Here's sending strength to you and love and hope and wishing the absolute best for your BFF and her family, and yours. I think maybe you should sit down right now, take off a shoe throw it up and the air and yell "THAT COUNTS for the third" and be done with this madness.

Hugs and love - our prayers continue for the Trinity house.
Love
Star

lovemysons

Trinity I am praying for recovery for your L. She sounds like a wonderful woman and friend.

with love and care,
LMS

witzend

Trinity - She must be so young for that! How awful for that to have happened so far from home, too. Her husband must be a wreck. I hope that all will be well for them and that your friend will make a full recovery.

Mom2oddson

Adding my prayers and good thoughts to the mix. Extra prayers are being said for R and L. How hard to be so far away from home especially if there is a long recovery time.

trinityroyal

Thank you so much for all your prayers and good thoughts. We're still waiting for news about L's condition. The docs should be able to tell R something by tonight or tomorrow morning. In the meantime, we're trying to figure out which of us (from the circle of family and friends) is in a position to fly down to Arizona to help R and L. I know you're all right next door, but it may as well be across the world.

InsaneCdn

I know you're all right next door, but it may as well be across the world.
Trinity... it just feels that way.

At least she's on the continent. Once she is stable and transportable, they WILL send her "home"... air ambulance if necessary. It is highly unlikely that she would do rehab there.