More ridiculous school carp

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Maybe she wanted to check him out? Maybe she is "one" of those kind of teachers?
He is a cutie!!! LOL

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I have never had a problem with the discipline of one of my children when they do something wrong as long as it isn't over board. But an email to the whole staff is way beyond acceptable. Oof.

beth

ctmom05

I'm sorry, somehow I the first time I visited this thread I missed the fact that the email went out to the whole staff. I would have taken vehement exception to that play!

KTMom91

Sounds familiar...Our district has the kids wear a neon colored shirt that says "Property of XXXX Responsibility Center." I haven't heard of anyone in administration wanting a kid to change shirts in the hallway, though. Maybe if he'd asked for the appropriate music...Bomp chickie wow wow...

Marguerite

When I was at school back in the early 70s and the days of anti-Vietnam war protests, we had a reactionary school principal plus a hippie English teacher. The hippie English teacher wore jeans to school with moratorium badge on his lapel. But if us kids wore a moratorium badge, it meant detention plus parents being called.

So one enterprising and politically-minded young man wore a very thin shirt and had his moratorium badge inside the shirt pocket, so it could be seen through the fabric.

The principal put him on detention, called his parents and also insisted the boy go home to change his shirt.

(Incidentally, the same principal called into his office the smartest, most conservative kid in the school, because when he devised the crossword for the school newspaper he had included the word "harlot" as one of the answers, the clue to which was "prostitute". The principal felt it was immoral for 13 year old kids to be invited to be looking up the word "prostitute" in the dictionary!)

By making a fuss to this extreme, it invites ensuing deliberate provocation born of frustration with idiocy.

Marg