More Snow On the Way..........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
*Ducks to avoid anyone who might want to throw a punch*:tongue:

It is supposed to start here shortly. A few inches over night. A total of 7-8 more by tomorrow evening. Then more on wednesday.........and when they get to thursday all I'm seeing is "significant" amounts.:frostbite:

And you know what??? I'm being very gfgish and wishing and hoping we're snowed in the rest of the week.:snowangel::sled:
Nichole and I ventured out on sunday and got in supplies. I took her and Aubrey to dinner tonight. (lots of fun!) And then took her over to walmart and paid for new windshield wipers for her new Jeep. The one's she had just made a blurry mess. And this way I don't have to worry about her. lol

Although unlike our difficult child's.........If we do get snowed in all week I won't be just having fun. I'll be writing notes for past chapters in pharm. But I WILL take time to also have a little fun and just relax.

Quarter is only half over and I'm getting burnt out. Can you tell? :tongue:

Sooooooooooo.................... (Please don't kill me)

Let it snow..........let it snow...........let it snow.........:D :snowman:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I have too much to do at work to want too many snow days. I'm already behind with a couple of projects because of this @#$*! weather. We're expecting 6-10" tomorrow.

Ihatewinter.

Suz

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It is supposed to hit us on Wed here...I am kinda sorta hoping it's enough that class is cancelled that night!! I have an overwhelming amount of reading to do so the day off would certainly be welcome! Now if only it hits after everyone else has left the house, that would be perfect. A day home alone....ahhh.

Everyone stay safe!

donna723

We just got rid of most of the icey stuff we had last week. Then today they had about three inches of snow not that far from us. But right now we're in the middle of the biggest mess ... it's raining slush! It's still drizzling but what's coming down is this half-frozen nasty slushy stuff. No way of knowing tomorrow morning if it gets slick until you actually get out on it.

flutterby

Fly away!
It must be hitting harder in southern Ohio. They're calling 6-9 inches through Wednesday evening and nothing on Thursday.

slsh

member since 1999
:rofl: I'm just howling here. Snow started overnight. Calling for 6-12" in general but 12-14-16" in NW Indiana because of lake effect. We usually get blessed with- that lake effect to some degree. husband's comment this morning was "that is a really stupid lake". :rofl: I'm especially loving the blizzard warning that's out for tonight and tomorrow - ok, well, maybe not so much, but read on ...

husband woke me up at 4:45 this morning. Gently shook me and then moved fast to the other side of the room before he hit me with... "Do we have an owner's manual for the furnace?". Words to warm your heart, especially as we head into a storm. I just started laughing. I think he was about ready to call out the men with the butterfly nets. Usually, mechanical failures of any kind pretty much set me off but... under the circumstances, you just have to laugh. It's a rather brisk 57 degrees in the living room. Sounds like our blower failed, based on the error msg.

I told him that sometimes my "expect the worst" philosophy pays off. I'm not surprised in the slightest that we have no heat this morning. Why would the blower fail in Oct? That would be too convenient. :rofl:

I'm just praying they don't call off school today - kids need to be warm.

I couldn't resist reminding husband this morning, as he shivered while eating his cereal, that I left the Midwest for Hawaii for a *reason* and he really should have thought long and hard before he brought me back to this frozen heck.:2cold:

Hope you guys stay safe and warm!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Our prediction says 1-3 inches this morning.......we have 4 already and the snow started about 2am. You gotta love those predictions. And it's still snowing Hard.

Our forecast changed after I went to bed. They aren't calling for as much now.........but I won't believe them until I see how much we get. Last one they said 1-3 and we got 7 inches. Their tract record is worse than that. lol

Not a single snow plow has touched our street. And all schools, including the college, are closed.

Sue I hope you have some way of heating the house!! Do you have a gas stove? Burners and oven do a pretty darn good job as long as the area isn't too big. I use blankets to close off the kitchen and we bunker down in there. (last ice storm that lasted more than 2 weeks without power) Any electric heaters?

Hugs

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I think we got about 3" overnight. I had no real problems getting to work, as I drive cautiously. However the nuts trying to go fast kill me!

Got a call from mother in law at 4:45 this morning that school was closed. Not military installations!!!

smallworld

Please don't talk to me about snow. The Difficult Child metro area has 30 inches on the ground already. We're expecting another 10 to 20 inches (the forecasters can't figure out how it's going to track) beginning sometime this afternoon. The storm over the weekend caused us to lose power for 48 hours. Our house went down to 45 degrees. This new storm may cause new power outages (our power company is already warning us -- nice!). The road crews don't know how to plow here. The roads are still impassable. The federal government is closed for the second day in a row. I have no idea when our kids will see the inside of their school buildings again. I am so done with winter.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I was reading an article on CNN about how awful it is in the Difficult Child area. Though we have some snow here... I feel for you smallworld!!! Is the Metro running at all?

It's interesting if you think about it. 100 years ago this was nothing to a lot of people.

smallworld

Thanks, Step! The Metro is running limited service. Yesterday it was running only underground every 30 minutes. Today I think it is starting to run some above-ground service (some of the Maryland and Virgina suburban stations are above-ground, while the city stations are all underground). But today's storm could change all that.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
smallworld I really feel for you guys. You've been hit so hard this year. Keeping my fingers crossed the majority of this storm tracks around you this time instead of dumping on you. You know you're getting all this snow because my sister-in-law just had to brag about the mild winters there. LOL It's all her fault. Blame her!

It is still snowing hard. We're above predicted limits. And now we've got freezing fog. Never heard that one before. lol Doesn't sound very good.

Glad I got Nichole those new wipers for the jeep now. And I've ridden with her in it in the snow and know that even though she has 4 wheel drive now she has quickly learned NOT to take it for granted and that you STILL slide on ice. So she is cautious. Wish I could say the same for easy child. She scares me in the snow. Too much confidence.

mstang67chic

Going Green
This is one of those times I'm glad I'm unemployed and don't have to venture out. husband is walking out the door literally as I type this. It's 11:10am and he has to be at work by 12:30. The trip normally takes a half hour but ....who knows today. We really don't have a LOT of snow at the moment but all of the schools in the region are closed.

SLSH....I don't envy you. My brother in law and his family moved up to SB and were sick of it months ago! LOL I'm with you....WHY didn't husband think long and hard before moving from a tropical paradise to Northern Indiana? :slap: But....my house is a sty but the furnace is working if you want to run away! I'm not that far!!! :tongue: (I keep forgetting that....we'll have to do lunch sometime when it's once more fit for humans outside)

We're in a lull right now but the weather guy keeps saying to not let it fool us. There IS more coming and it WILL be significant. Yay. I did the store runs last night. Both Walmart and the grocery store were very busy but I was impressed. There was plenty of milk and bread when I was there.

I plan on cleaning my kitchen and reading. I started cleaning mother in law's apartment Saturday and was going to go back today but that was before I knew about the storm. I'll get there when I get there I guess.

Lothlorien

18 plus inches expected to start falling here sometime late this afternoon. I'm NOT happy! They will start eating away at the kids Spring vacation. Mmmmmm, maybe that's not so bad after all. We have no plans that week anyway.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yep- they just upped our prediction to 10-16" with high winds so watch for blizzard/drift conditions. This is on top of the 2 FEET I already have in my back yard.

They have already closed our office for tomorrow and we've been told to check in about Thursday. Holy Smokes!

Suz

smallworld

Our SD just announced school is closed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. That means the whole week is a wash. And don't forget that Monday is President's Day!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
OMG, smallworld!? I guess our district will be the next to declare. I'm so glad I don't have difficult children at home any more, though easy child is getting antsy. When she's bored she likes to tease me.

I'm alone here, husband is driving to NH to be with difficult child 2 who is having knee surgery at the VA hospital in MA. easy child's ceiling has started leaking, the roofer did not install the dormers properly and snow blew into the attic during the last storm.
I will be stuck here for days since husband is using the only snow worthy vehicle we own.