More Snow On the Way..........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It stopped for a while here and now it's snowing again. It's supposed to snow tomorrow with high winds and blowing and drifting. (glad I'm staying in) Supposed to have more snow sunday, and I forget the other days he said for next week..........

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I expected to wake to a nice blanket of snow this morning.

Nothing, nada, zilch, nil. Not one flake in the sky and everything, EVERYTHING, is closed! Except my office. So, I dressed way down in jeans and boots and am waiting for the 'hit' so I can go home.

I told my assistant to stay home today because she has a long commute and I'd hate to see her struggling later to get home when the roads are a mess.

Yeesh. Everytime our state panics, we get nothing!!

smallworld

We're under a blizzard warning this morning. It's been snowing since 4 pm yesterday. Everywhere you look it's WHITE. The winds are picking up, and the lights have already flickered twice. If you don't see me on the board later today, you'll know why. At least this time, we have a hotel reservation made for tonight -- just in case.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Last night on the way home, the roads were not great but okay. Until I turned onto my street, which as of right now still has not been plowed.

At 5 mph I slid into my driveway... Sort of. I missed the mailbox and ended up in the front yard. The guy across the street tried to push... Ha ha ha.

Last night, husband got the truck out and tried to pull me out. As a result, he is now in the yard... And I am in the garage. Can't go anywhere, though. We have about a 20-degree hill... and I cannot get up it. LOL!

It's still snowing lightly...

Lothlorien

We HAD snow. Now it's raining and sleeting. Last time this happened, we lost power for three days. At least husband put a gen-switch on last year. We'll have minimal power, but at least we'll have heat, some lights and be able to power the refrigerators. I wish I had rented a couple of movies yesterday.

TerryJ2

Yep. It's snowing here. Thick and pretty. And very windy.
difficult child went to school today. YaaaY!!!!
Want to bet they get out early? Boo, hiss.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Loth - if it's cold... Just take all the food outside! LOL

Yep. As long as it's 45 degrees or so you'll be good to go. That's the only thing I don't mind about losing power in the winter, my food won't spoil. I box it up and set it in my unheated family room......and the freezer stuff doesn't even thaw. lol

And I'll only own as gas stove as well. Too many times now I've had to heat my houses that way. easy child thought that was a stupid reason to pick that type over electric. (well it wasn't my only reason lol) Until the 2 week ice storm that had her, sister in law , and baby Darrin camped out in my livingroom appreciating the heat the oven and burners gave off. lol

Snow I can deal with.....ice I hate.

DammitJanet

I havent called up north yet but yesterday we had rain. Today we have awful wind. I woke up to my trailer feeling like it would blow off the blocks! It was gusting right around the corner of my house.

I went to take the dogs out to the pen and found roof shingles and bits of insulation all over the yard and its still howling out there!

Nancy

It's been snow for two days here, but I don't think we have nearly as much as Baltimore. It's funny but when the weatherman predicts up to 12" now we think it's no big deal. I must say we have excellent snow removal.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
SOUTH CAROLINA MAY GET SNOW FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAY FOR US!!!! WE WANT IT!!!!!!

SNOW HERE
SNOW HERE
SNOW HERE!!!!

WANTS TO DO THIS:snowangel:
AND THIS:sled:
AND THIS:snowing:
and this:skate:
don't mind this:blizzard:
or this:coldday:

mstang67chic

Going Green
TM...my cousin lives in Wallkill and got a snow day from work bec78a7yu (grrrr.....kitten keeps traipsing across the computer) ...anyhoo...cousin has a snow day from work because of the snow.

LittleDudesMom

Star, here's hoping you get snow on Friday!

When I got up this morning, it had just begun to snow. As the next two hours went by, the snow came heavier and heavier. As I was on my way out the door to heat up and clean off the car, a special announcement came on and said school would be two hours late! difficult child was happy. Within an hour, they had closed. Now it's sunny but very cold and very windy.

easy child had to drive to one of her studio classes this morning (canvases and cans of paint) and it took her 30 minutes to go what usually takes 5. Her car slid three times. She got there and 15 minutes later they closed the university so she had to slip and slide on back home - with a smile of course! They had already closed her roommates community college so they are enjoying another snow day!

And, to top if all off, we are expected to get snow on Saturday and Monday!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful......

busywend

Just a trace here. Sorry guys, but it is nice not to be the snowed in ones. Especially since we NEVER close work. Schools only if it is really bad, but very rare do businesses close. So we really do not get that benefit of getting to stay home in it.

tiredmommy

Wendy is right... I don't think Duckie has ever missed a full day of school due to snow. People up here live for travel bans... then only essential workers have to go to work! But they happen very rarely!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
We are having blizzard conditions. Visibility is nil. PENNDOT is trying but can't keep up with snow removal. The Governor closed all the highways and the turnpike around here. I keep watching the power lines and trees swaying...tonight we are supposed to get howling winds and severe drifting.

WAAAA!!!!

Suz

DDD

I'm sure this sounds like a stupid question but remember I'm a Florida girl who has only lived out of State (Va) for a short period.

Do most people have oil or gas central heat? Do most people have gas stoves? Is it common for people to have generators? What services are available for people who don't have the money to stock up on groceries and necessities?

Sometimes after hurricanes we go for a week or so with-o power and it is miserable, of course, but sweating is not dangerous like freezing. I'd like to understand how Yankees survive.

My sympathy goes up to you guys. DDD