More Strays.....We've got a Pride Going On

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I do not believe how many cats greet me when I go to set out the food in the evenings.:surprise: Their numbers keep growing. Tame cats that obviously have been pets.......many desperate for human affection even after being tossed out to fend for themselves.

Seems we've inherited the remaining group from easy child's old house. She was able to coax 2 or 3 into going with her when she moved. One of those went to live with her mother in law. But the rest are now eating here....desperate.

The tuxedo cat showed up the first time this evening. I love this guy. He is freaking adorable. If he wasn't so skiddish I'd be tempted to grab him up and get him to the vet to be fixed and bring him in. (Bruce is going to be neutered soon himself)

Now we have a very young pregnant Momma cat. She looks like one of Willie's off spring so of course I feel obliged to feed her. She was starving and has taken up residence in the dog house on the porch. She is soooo affectionate and sweet. New stray that one, she's still very clean.

Nichole is under strict orders that Momma cat is to remain outside. I've reminded her how nervous poor Shadow was with her babies around the dogs...... Hopefully Momma cat will be smart enough to give birth in the doghouse when her time comes and eventually we'll be able to find good homes for her babies.

I think I may contact a vet I used to have. I hear she is practicing again.......She used to go all over the country picking up stray dogs and cats and fixing them to help keep the stray population down.....maybe she'll fix my pride for free so we don't have dozens of kittens over the summer.:faint:

Oh.......and we also have a preggers guinea pig. The 2nd piggie Nichole brought home wasn't a girl after all. (go figure!) But these lil babies already have homes waiting. They're going to be 4H projects. :D And the daddy is also going to a new home this weekend to prevent further pregnancy. whew

You know what..........I'm not even really a cat person.........and now I'm the Cat Lady. :faint:

mstang67chic

Going Green
You want to see pictures of the 5 I feed daily? LOL These buggers are greedy too. If I'm not out there by my "usual" time in the morning or evening, they are pawing at the door and calling me. The two "orginals" are a friendly white one of undetermined gender (fur is too long to see) and a skittish kinda long hair tiger stripe/calico. The other three are her kittens, now pretty much grown up. But...I think momma is preggers again.

Sigh. I feel for you.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Lisa...in my best Nancy Reagan voice...just say NO. Actually, I couldn't do that either. Blah. I'm no good advice.

Abbey

donna723

I have EIGHT! And I swear, all of them must be girls! All I do is feed them - occasionally one will let me pet them but that's as far as it goes. Even if I had the money to take them all in to get spayed, I'd never catch them! Lord knows how many I'll have when "kitten season" is over!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well I feel better that's it's not just me. lol

We're up to about 10-14 I think now......maybe more that come after dark when I can't spot them. I know I now put out a huge pot of cat food instead of the bowl I was using before. ugh

And this is just "my pride", there are I think 3 or 4 of us in a 4 block area doing the same.......all our prides are growing steadily. New strays are dumped weekly and add to the numbers.

susiestar

Roll With It
We still just have Six Dinner Sensory Integration Disorder (SID). And he still is fed at least 5 times a day at different houses, plus at the next door neighbor's who "claim" him. They say he is theirs, but he RUNS from their little girl (I would too from the way they DON'T teach her to be gentle!)

He goes to other houses to eat, but still spends the day on my porch. And he is the 1 in a million cats that I just can NOT stand. Mostly because he sprays. I hate that. BUt I still let him enjoy my porch as long as he is not antagonizing Gracie and Capn Morgan.

KTMom91

We're up to seven, since the three little kittens are staying. They're going in Monday to be fixed, since they all weigh more than two pounds.

Hubby was putting food out, but then the skunks started coming back, so I made him stop.

witzend

I could totally say no. I could also trap them and take them to the humane society. But I would never feed them.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Witz, I used to be that way. But our human society is over full and won't take them, animal shelter won't take new animals unless to euthanize. And I can't stand to watch them starve.