Mother and Daughter Day

tiredmommy

Sooo... I just needed to share this!
I planned a mother/daughter day with Duckie since she had the day off from school. We went to our large regional mall and had lunch, went to Build-A-Bear, shopped for birthday gifts for mother in law & sister in law.
She was.... fine. Good. Well-behaved. Thoughtful. Considerate.
In short, a easy child.:yes:
I put some $$$ toward her Build-A-Bear and she payed the rest out of her birthday money. No problem there, she even decided some of the accessories were a waste of money.:holymoly:
We spent half an hour in KB Toys, where she decided to save her money rather than buy something for the sake of buying something.
She even told me that she understands having good days like this depends a lot on how she acts. She said the best part was spending a nice afternoon with her Mom and the rest was just extra.:its_all_good:
I'm glad to report that I immersed myself in all the good feelings this generated and I'm storing away my memories for when the gfgishness returns (probably tomorrow, lol!).:winks:

Oh, I got the warm fuzzies reading that. Our girls are the same age, and I just KNOW how good it feels it is to have a stellar day. How wonderful for the two of you. Revel in it!

tiredmommy

Thank you ladies. It's days like this that give me hope when we have a string of bad days. Well, she's never actually been quite this good before today! I thoroughly enjoyed being with my daughter today. I got a glimpse of what it must be like for those mothers that are friends with their daughters.

I fear that this good period is akin to the movie Awakenings, where the Robert DeNiro awakens from a decades old coma and begins to live a fruitful life only to eventually slip back to unconsciousness. I worry that her potential will slip away with each step back.

I guess a mother can't help but worry, even when everything is right.

Jena

aw i'm so glad you had such an amazing time together. yes store them away they'll float you thru the rough spots.

yea for you guys......:)

Maureen

Hi this is my first time on the forum, just came across it.. My daughter is 12 years old, she is suffering from anxiety it started out as separation anxiety from me she was afraid while she wasn't me I would be hurt or die. The anxiety has escalated to the point where she is not able to get into school, her dr. has now diagnosed her with generalized anxiety, sep anx and school phobia. SHe goes to therapy two days a week and is on paxil klonopin and risperdal... her school is now saying they can't educate her and she needs a therapuetic school setting. THis girl was completely normal had a great personality etc. until 4.5 months ago. Our life as we knew it is no longer... she now has behavior issues which now I am not sure if it is the medications or not. My question is has anybody else dealt with this type of illness? I am taking her in the morning to have accupunctre done as nothing else seems to be working. Thank you for any information.

tiredmommy

Hi Maureen and welcome. I'm going to copy & paste your post into your own thread to insure that you get the warm welcome and support you need. You can start threads by clicking on the icon toward the top of page.