mother in law Strikes again - this is getting almost comical

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
easy child 2's first birthday after her mom's new hubby moved in, my mother in law was informed she was no longer welcome there.
Halloween after that, easy child 2's mom didn't take easy child to mother in law's to trick or treat. mother in law asked easy child 2 about it and easy child 2 said "mom doesn't like you and she's not coming out here anymore if she doesn't have to."
easy child 2's mom had to work this past Saturday and HER mom is gone. She ended up having to call mother in law to watch easy child 2, so mother in law found out that other grandma is gone.
SO.....mother in law, who lives 10 miles from easy child 2's mom, has been meeting the bus at the end of easy child 2's mom's drive way every day and picking up easy child 2 and driving her down the driveway to the house, while easy child 2's mom is still at work. easy child 2's mom didn't ask her to and isn't real fond of it. easy child 2 said she thinks we put mother in law up to it.
Go mother in law!!!! Screw this up some more!!!!
We have a tenous reltionship with easy child 2's mom, at best. What in the world would posess mother in law, who has been told she's not welcome there, to think something like this is a good idea????
Oh yeah, I remember! It serves her at the moment. To hades with what effect it might have on anyone else.
I think I need to move.
Sorry. Back to work.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shari

Are you sure you're not talking about my mother??? Oh, this is so stuff she used to do to my sibs. :rofl: Age has mellowed her a bit. I think it's because she tires easily now. ;)

I didn't have to endure any of it as I live 2 states away. :D

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I think I've said before they must be related.

And I believe she may truly be that clueless.

And what a perfect name - Two Brooms. One Broom (easy child 2's mom) and Two Brooms (mother in law).

Or should it be Two Brooms and Four Brooms? ROFLMAO

Oh, thank you again for more laughs!!!

Marguerite

Is there any way you can communicate with easy child 2's mother, "When you were married to husband, did you ever find any way to 'handle' mother in law? Because she seems to do the opposite of what I ask her, but not quite every time so reverse psychology won't work. Like, I want her to leave me alone and stop interfering, but she won't. Any ideas?"

It might at least send a message that you are NOT going to work in league with mother in law. It also sends another message - if easy child 2's mother couldn't handle mother in law back then, what makes her think you can?

Marg