Mother Nature has her wires crossed

flutterby

Fly away!
:hot:

I am going to melt. My car was reading 95 in the shade. 98 in the sun. I live in OHIO, not Georgia. We had a nice break (read: Ohio weather) last week, and the forecast for the rest of the week shows a sun with a cactus - not sure what that means, but it doesn't seem good.

I guess I shouldn't complain. I have a/c and I use it. But, I can't stand to be outside for a minute.

difficult child is at E's (YIPPEE!!!) and E doesn't run her a/c. I could *never* get away with that at home (read: difficult child would make my life miserable and it would just be easier to turn on the a/c). When difficult child has an appointment, I pick her up early so she can get ready here.

I'm rambling. It's just too freakin' hot to be Ohio.

Mom2oddson

After July 5th is the start of summer in Washington. But weeks and weeks of 65 being a warm day (people wearing shorts) to this whole week of upper 80s-90s?? Yesterday I was using an electric blanket to stay warm and today ---- I got to go find where all the fans are hidden! Most houses here don't even have a/c. And then the sun sets in our bedroom so it will be very, very warm tonight when I want to sleep. (At least each morning will start out in the 50's, so there is a slight break).

Flutter..... hope you have very few places to go this week and can stay home with the A/C.

Mattsmom277

With the humidity, we hit 98.6 today. Melting is the term that comes to mind. 2 air conditioners running and a floor fan to move the cold air about, along with 3 ceiling fans in the house. I tried to sit outside in the shade under my patio table umbrella today to read, I lasted under 5 minutes and gave up and came in the house. I hear we can expect the same, and higher temps even, for the next few days. I can't imagine going outside. I don't have a car, so even going to the grocery store means a 15 minute walk each way. Not going to happen.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
With a CACTUS? OHIO?

ROFLMBO!!!! Oh yeah, cactus. During a drought here - we went to visit family in west Texas & southeast New Mexico - when we got off the plane, it was raining, but the luggage was dry, so no problems... When we opened it in the hotel - the outer layer was dry - everything else was WET.

From the "drought" humidity.

Cactus my rear. HOT, yes. Desert heat, NO.

...And yeah. I don't wear dresses. I am today - because it's COOL.

Mattsmom277

Unseasonably cool? Can I come visit???? lol

It's going to be as hot today as yesterday, perhaps hotter. S/O just went to pick up coffee from our fav coffee place. It's only a 5-10 minute walk each way, but I bet he's miserable when he gets back home. I'm sitting directly beside my AC and not poking my nose outside at all except to cross the street to a neighbors house whom I'm cat sitting for this week.

I read this morning that a couple of fatalities are being blamed on this heat wave. :(

Estherfromjerusalem

If drinking coffee when it's hot makes one a weirdo, then I am one too. And believe me, it is hot a lot of the time here in Jerusalem. We are also having a really hot summer so far.

Love, Esther

Mattsmom277

lol I dont' know if its true or not but I've heard that drinking hot liquids on hot days helps balance our inner temperature to our outer temperature or some such thing. True or not, sounds plausibe enough to me ;).

I can't drink a hot coffee on the go, if outside on a hot day. But here by the AC, I wouldn't miss my daily cup for anything. Not even a record setting heat wave

Star*

call 911........call 911
(quote) - Mother Nature has her wires crossed.

Yes. I think the same thing - every time I look at Dude.

We officially had an even 100 degree high yesterday--with awful humidity. I don't know what the heat index was. Feels like I can't get my breath when I just open the door.

Even the dogs don't want to go out to do their business. When I open the door for them, they just look at me like I've lost my mind!

So, so thankful for air-conditioning.

Coffee in the mornings is a necessity though! No matter what the temperature outside! I don't think it helps me regulate my temperature any, but I'll just fan while I drink it!

Last edited:

tiredmommy

My car's temp gauge topped out at 101F yesterday. In Buffalo. Now, I was in traffic and the blacktop gives off heat so the number was inflated but still! I'm glad we had some rain today even though it was still uncomfortably humid here. Poor Duckie has been struggling with her asthma for a week but at least some of the pollens have been cleared from the air for now.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Yesterday the Walgreens said 109 - I said WONDERFreakinHORRIBLE.....and came home and dug out the tupperware container I have in the freezer of snow and the little snowman I made in February and inhaled, exhaled, inhaled and exhaled. PLEASE GET ME TO OHIO........PLEASE????!!!!!!