Mother's Day card I had to share

mstang67chic

Going Green
I got a card from my Dad and Step-mom today for Mother's Day. (Ok, so it was from my step-mom but she always signs my dad's name lol) I thought it sounded like so many of us here that I had to share.

FRONT:

A Mother's Day Riddle: Why did the mom cross the road?

INSIDE: No one could tell, really. She was mumbling to herself about peace and quiet. She circled the block a couple of times and came back a lot happier.

Happy Mothers Day all! :flowers: :mothers_day:

mstang67chic

Going Green
I got my mom one that said "Thanks Mom, for helping me to use my powers for good instead of evil"

The picture was of a little girl in a fairy outfit but with black and red leggings and black, almost doctor Marten looking boots. The girl herself looks nothing like me but it reminded me of myself at that age. You could have gotten me to wear the fairy costume but NOT the fancy shoes! lol

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That is pretty good!!!
I was the little girl without the fancy shoes as well!!! When I had to have ankle surgery when I was 16, nothing to do with my shoes, my Dad said, See it is from all of those "Ugly" shoes you wear...
If I ever see that card I am buying it for myself...

mstang67chic

Going Green
That is pretty good!!!
I was the little girl without the fancy shoes as well!!! When I had to have ankle surgery when I was 16, nothing to do with my shoes, my Dad said, See it is from all of those "Ugly" shoes you wear...
If I ever see that card I am buying it for myself...

All I can tell you is that I got it at Walmart and it has a dark purple background

donna723

My all-time favorite Mothers Day card is one I got from my son when he was about 17 or 18. I still have it. It had a little cartoon guy on the front and it said, "Actually, Mom, I think I turned out pretty good ..." And the inside said, "... considering that I had 50% of Dad's genes to contend with!" It was sort of a joke and sort of not.

And he forgot to sign it. But right where the signature should have been, there was an (unintentional) big, greasy, motor oil thumbprint made by my car-loving mechanically inclined son!

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
hmmmm I got a lovely "mother's day" card from difficult child I:

que: gushy instrumental music

<cover>
Mom
Some Years are better then others, and this past one has been ecspecially difficult for you and for all of us who love you,

<inside>
I understand that you may not feel like a big birthday celebration, but I want you to know, that every day I quietly celebrate you,

I celebrate your faith, your courage, and your grace.

You are beautiful, Mom.
I am honored to be your child, and I wish you a happy birthday filled with quiet comforts, loving gestures, and sweet sweet blessings.

Love Will

Andy

Donna723, that reminds me of everytime my kids do something stupid - my reaction, "Why did they have to get that trait from their dad's family?"

amazeofgrace - that is actually cool - I have often thought that some cards would fit a different day better or also. Change birthday to Mother's Day and you have a great card.
(How old are your difficult child's?)