Mothers Day plans?

Californiablonde

My day turned out to be okay. easy child/difficult child was obnoxious for the most part of the day, kicking difficult child's seat in church, teasing, being hyper, etc. He did give me a hug and tell me happy Mother's day so that part was nice. We all went out to eat at my mom's favorite restaurant. I gave my mom a card and she gave one to me. My dad texted me happy mother's day, which shocked me since I barely hear from him once a year. difficult child wanted to make me some chocolate covered strawberries but couldn't. My mom was going to take her to the store on Saturday to get the ingredients, but my mom was hit by a drunk driver. She was injured and her car is totalled. She is okay, thank goodness. I shudder to think that I almost lost her. I am quite upset at the other lady driver, who witnesses and the police say was drunk off her @ss. I think there is never an excuse to drink and drive. There are cabs, buses, or a person can walk. Anyhow, it could have turned out much worse and I thank God I still have my mom around.

svengandhi

CB -

What a scare about your mom. Make sure she is thoroughly checked out in a day or two because sometimes the injuries don't show up right away. Hope she is ok.

Upallnight -

You are near me. I don't necessarily agree with her views, but I have tremendous respect for what Condoleeza Rice has achieved in her life. As a woman of her age range, I would have been interested in what she had to say.

MWM -

Here, we use the word BBQ as a verb. Even if we're grilling veggies, we still say we're BBQ-ing. We didn't do it, but my tradeoff was not having to go to mother in law's with the rest of them. I had a gas grill a few years ago, it made me nervous to use it, I am not the domesticated type. When it stopped working, I didn't replace it.

Happy Mother's Day every day to all of us moms.