Moved my son to live with Bio-Dad :(

troubledheart

We haven't gotten into that yet. I talk to him almost everyday on the phone, gonna try to back that off to everyother day since he started school. I have a card party headed his way from all our friends and family, they are sending encouragement cards to him.

He has had some rough spots with his dad and stepmom already, but dad keeps reminding me to not worry, he will take care of him. He keeps telling me that I did everything I could, let him deal with the stress now. I reminded him to tell stepmom to not take things personally, even though it is hard, but you cannot or it will destroy you.

I think we found him his psychiatrist and psychologist, and MD!! Yeah....now just to get appts set up for him and they can have the reigns....completely (I have insurance, so I was helping find who would cover him)

SO.....yes, maybe I will try to skype...that could be cool. One day at a time...

busywend

It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I let my difficult child go live with her dad and stepmom. For 1 year. That was the agreement. It took 6 months for them to see what I was seeing for the past 8 years. They started getting the phone calls from school, the attititude, etc.

It was the best thing I could have done for my child at that time. And I would do it again if I had to. She really came to appreciate me with a different view. It is surely the only way that we could be where we are today.

Take the time to find yourself again. I am sure you are as lost as I was.

Fingers crossed! We are all routing for your difficult child and his fresh start!

troubledheart

He had another great day at school. He got my letter today and when I called, he was sitting down writing me back!! WOW....He seems very happy, and he seems like he is doing okay, and usually I can tell by his voice. His dad says that they have had a couple rough spots, but overall, he is adjusting to the routine. And oh how he needs routine. I really think it will help him with his dad being ex military, he is very rigid and routine himself. I pray the best for him and miss him to peices. I am trying to stay busy, but find it hard. I am going shopping with a friend this weekend, and then a "girls night out" so hope that will help some!

It's the little things, like him writing me a letter that make my days okay. Hope it continues.... :)

troubledheart

I am trying...I seem to get about 5 hours a night now. I used to get about 8 - 9. So I am still tired. I am afraid to take the medications the doctor gave me to sleep, as I am already a sleep talker/walker. We will see how it goes.