Movie Nights in Rodanthe

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by standswithcourage, Jun 29, 2008.

1. standswithcourage

standswithcourage New Member

If you have ever read any of Nicholas Sparks books - you should make sure you see this movie in September or October. If you have never read the book - go get it! It is fabulous. It is about 2 divorced middle age people - both with adult kids - they are lonely - get the picture - it is a wonderful love story. I am reading it again!

2. standswithcourage

Did you all get this post? I just wondered why no one replied?

3. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

I have never heard of this author or this book/movie. I wasn't sure what to say, and was hoping that someone who knew more would reply so I would have a better idea of what you are referring to.

4. MyFriendKita

MyFriendKita Member

5. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Sorry, I hadn't heard of this either - actually wasn't sure what the post was about. But I'm a bit goofy of late. :)

6. standswithcourage

OK sorry! Just thinking it was a great deterrent for me! It is a good love story!

7. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Your post confused me, I thought you were talking about a movie, then you mention a book.

Is the name of the book "Movie Nights in Rodanthe"?

8. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Nicholas Sparks has written many best selling novels, including Message in a Bottle which was turned into a movie starring Kevin Costner and Paul Newman.

I'm sure it's a wonderful book. I'll have to look it up.

9. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Sparks' books always make me cry. I won't read any more of them unless I am guaranteed that they will have a happy ending. :)

Suz

10. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

The book is entitled "Nights in Rodanthe"....that I had heard of. The movie is new I think--stars Diane Lane and Richard Gere?

11. standswithcourage

Yes it wont come out until September or October. It is still a tear jerker but it is a good love story. I thought it might be a good diversion! I like Richard Gere anyway!!