Moving forward with difficult child 1's evaluation at school...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband and I are meeting with all of difficult child 1's middle school teachers this Friday morning to gather feedback on his performance. The school counselor will compile this information and give it to the school psychologist (he's not there on Fridays) who will then meet with me next Wednesday to discuss his plan for the evaluation. (In case you haven't read my other posts, difficult child 1 is really struggling this year and close to failing several core classes).

In the mean time, I think I'm going to call the neuropsychologist who is doing testing the first week of April, to find out if there are any tests they DON'T want the school to administer.

We should be able to get everything done by the end of next month so that we have a plan of action for highschool in the Fall.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sounds good! Heres hoping they get it all right and done in a timely fashion.

I was so surprised when K's School got her 504 set up so fast with everything she needed!
No questions asked. Her adaptive PE has started and it is just a week later! At her last School NO WAY!
We start her Nuero-psychiatric tomorrow. I am so interested to see how much she has changed in 3 years.
I feel she has a lot of cognitive dulling now, due to her Mental Illness and medications.

I hope he does get the safety guards in place for for next year!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks Shari & Toto!

I just got another email from his Lang Arts teacher -- yet another assignment has not been done and is late. She wasn't clear, but it sounds like she won't be accepting it.

I just am SO tired of this. It does not seem right that I should have to be micro managing him at this age. I'm at the point where I really don't even care if he fails because I want everyone to see that this is what happens when we do not hover over him every second of every day. Then maybe we will get an accurate explanation for why he is like this and what the best way will be to help him succeed moving forward.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad things are moving forward. Sorry to hear about the missing work. It is very frustrating-we deal with this with easy child and I'm ready to pull my hair out!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You know we are struggling with this and K's handwriting. How much do we help her with at home? We feel like we are doing all of the work.
We have decided to just stop worrying about this aspect of her issues and let the School deal with it.
Sounds like you have much more to worry about. It does stink though to have to do most of the work and put forth so much energy.