MSNBC Article on Kids suffer delusions after ICU stay

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just read this article. I wonder, what exactly this would mean for our kids. Some of them take these type of medications on a more frequent basis. Was it the combo of the experience combined with the medications? The whole thing... hmmm
Pretty scary if it is the medications, would they look into how it affects kids using these medications on a more frequent basis?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24409435/

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Toto that is really interesting. I wonder if they're planning more involved research on this sort of thing.

house of cards

I have heard of people with senility getting improvement with narcotics in the hospital, never heard of this but it makes sense. We don't know what we are doing with all this medication within the brain. Add to that the tramatic event of being hospitalized and who knows. I know I took my 3 yo to the hospital for azthma at 15 mths. She was there for 22 hours. In that time she had the IV put in her 4 x's. I held her for 17 hours straight. Could you imagine a child placed in the enclosed cribs? I know I will try everything I know to treat her at home from now on. And my experience didn't involve sedation.