Musings on this mom being extremely impatient ..

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
That is what I was told yesterday - Geeze Mom, you are so impatient and want instant gratification on your Xmas gift - I'll get it done in time for Xmas..chill out will you..

His Xmas gift to me is tiling the kitchen/dining room floor. He just finished (after twp weeks) the wall (white ceramic brick pattern with black trim) behind the stove. Only a third of my kitchen floor is laid. Dining room has been just a cement floor for a month now. My fridge is in my dining room. Havent put up any decorations as there is no room due to construction stuff - bags of cement, tile, tile cutters, wood, saws, etc.

We have been living on "Danny Time" .. lay a little tile, rap a little song on the computer, lay a little, rap a little, lay a little, rap a little... :rolleyes:

I don't mind the rapping - its how he eaks out a little money selling his beats/songs and doing rap battles, but jeeze, finish the floor already.

His case of ADHD is letting him hyper focus on each thing he is doing - he did a beautiful job on the wall and so far on the floor - he is very exacting. My case of ADHD doesn't fare well in a lot of chaos - too much going on and too much "stuff" and I can't get anything done. My wandering around is getting on his nerves - says I am hovering.. sigh..

I am hoping to at least get a tree up today..thats my goal anyway
Wish me luck..

Marcie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Marcie

I would have to say I'd be hovering too. lol It would drive me insane to be waiting for him to finish. I'm that way. If I start something like that I can't stop til it's done.

At least you know when he does get finished it'll be beautiful.

Maybe if you remind him it won't be easy to cook xmas dinner with your kitchen/dining room in that shape it'll motivate him into action. Works for Travis. lol

Hope you get your tree up today.

:xmasdec:

witzend

Marcie, I remember that day when he tore out the flooring for you! He was so quick about that you didn't even know he had done it until it was done!

You have the patience of Job, dear. Nine days to Christmas. Is he supposed to have it done by Christmas, or does he start on Christmas?

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Witz, I knew he was going to rip out the dining room floor - he was to take up the rug, and did, but also took out the breakfast bar and half of my tile countertop..

Its 10:00, I made him coffee cause he got up early...I am thinking omg, he is going to start, but find that I am sitting here bobbing my head to the latest underground rap tune, and he is getting ready...for..... his soccer game at 11:00 LOL

But he swears he will come back after the game and grout the part where the fridge goes..

Marcie

Star*

call 911........call 911
(dimmeah beat bro) For Marcie by Star - Merry Christmas

ba buu bu chu ba buu bu chu

I'm trying to get my tree up in time for Christmas Day
ba bu bu chu ba bu bu chu
But my kid is rippin music and the floor remains all gray
If I knew what he was doing I'd put in in myself
Currently my house is wrecked so send me a little ELF

(chorus)
Send her an elf, send her an elf, send her an elf
ooooh ohhhh ooooooh
send her an elf, send her an elf, send her an elf

My fridge is in the dining room it stares at me till night
I'm not bein' all down with that - and I ain't bein' uptight
This house had better come together 'for the day that CHrist was born
Or my peeps will surely suffer my wrath on Christmas morn

(chorus)
send her and elf, send her and elf, send her and elf
oooooh ohhhhhoh
send her an elf, send her and elf, send her and elf.

--repeat and fade
(Board members chant)

GO MARCIE GO MARICE GET YER TREE UP YOU CAN DO IT
GO MARCIE GO MARCIE GET YER TREE UP YOU CAN DO IT

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
No, no tree yet, and you actually have to have "tile" on the floor to get it grouted.

Its half tiled - which is better than my report from Sunday. To be fair, he did have the good intention of finishing up on Sunday, however, his leg got messed up from Soccer (we think he tore some ligaments) and really today was the first day he even left his room more than once or twice. He is not limping as bad, but still can't put full weight on it.

No chance ever the dining room will be anything but cement come Xmas - I am going to have Jamie this weekend move the dining table into the living room and we will eat in there - its big enough where I just have to push the sofa's against the wall -might be nice to eat by a roaring fire :smile: and hopefully the tree will be up by then

I have decided I am not going to stress out over it anymore since I have plenty of other stuff going on to stress over.

F

flutterbee

You have way more patience than me. Actually, dinner by the fire sounds very nice.

Your son tells you that you're impatient. Mine tells me to 'calm down'. :rolleyes: Makes me get that tone in my voice. You know the one...where every syllable is a bit louder and a bit higher pitched than the one before.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Hmmmm did your son and my husband take notes at the same school of home remodelling. I remember when (ugh what a phrase) this started for you as my bathroom was starting and I offered to let him come help husband. Guess what husband isn't moving much faster. We are still not done with the bathroom. No sink in it yet and no tile. Ahh well they mean well.

Beth

Fran

Former desparate mom
MM if it's any consolation, we often put the dining room furniture in the living room and vice versa for Thanksgiving. The living room was larger and the fire was nice. Fortunately we did have a finished floor. LOL.

What's the quote? "Breathe deep, seek peace". :wink:

meowbunny

I can live without a living room. I can live with barely having room in my bedroom for me. I can even live without a dining room, BUT .... Give me one day without my kitchen and I'm up the walls. And I mean ALL of my kitchen -- sink, fridge, stove and oven, counter, a walkable floor. How you can survive is beyond me. Good luck!

I remember when the kitchen in our previous house was having the ceiling and roof replaced due to water damage. It took quite a while. Not fun.

Love that rap number, Star!