MWM...how did TDay go?

DDD

Just thought I'd let you know that I was thinking about you and hoping all turned out well. DDD

BusynMember

OMG! How sweet of you!

We went to Illinois so that my daughter (the chef) cooked for us...yum! This was last weekend because hub couldn't come with so it was our "first" thanksgiving. Hub always stays home with the dogs, then we have another holiday with him on the exact holiday, which we did! But we ate light...he isn't feeling too well because he just had eye surgery and his other eye is bad now so he didn't want too much smoke in the house (bothers his eyes). It was very quiet. We did watch the packers together.

Jumper's boyfriend came over later on. She did not go to his family's house. I don't trust them. But he is buying his own car when he turns eighteen in two weeks so she can go there on Christmas, if she likes. I know he will drive her home if his family isn't nice to her.

I hope you and everybody here in the CD family had a great Thanksgiving!!!

buddy

Thanks for the update... I really wondered if she made it there or not.... kind of a relief that she didn't.

Glad you got a yummy dinner. HUGS to you and yours, Dee

DDD

I am SO glad that things went well. I couldn't get you off my mind the other day but now, lol, I am at peace again. Hugs. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm glad to hear you had a good time, and actually relieved to hear Jumper did NOT go to the boyfriends house. I don't think I've ever wished anyone other than myself to be 18 as badly...lol.

BusynMember

DDD, you are so kind. Things have actually been better for J. and on thanksgiving his evil stepmother's mother said to him, "I'm on YOUR side. I would have liked meeting Jumper." She will be allowed to go for Christmas because he is buying a car from an uncle (this is a huge family which is fairly well off, but they don't communicate well nor give their kids anything for free). J. will have to pay for the car, but he has enough money. Once he can drive, I have no qualms about sending Jumper with him as he will not keep her there if she is being abused. Jumper wants to go, mainly to keep him company. He sat apart from the rest of the family on Thanksgiving and wished she was there to talk to.

the tide is turning a bit. J's parents are getting scared. They asked him if he's moving out when he turns eighteen and asked him in a way that sounded like they didn't want him to. I don't get the family. Anyhow, they also told him that if he was going to "stay" with Jumper (like they are getting married when s he is only fifteen...yeesh!) then they guess they'd like to get to know her. Again, as long as J. has his own car, that's fine because he will protect her. He's that kind of boy. As long as she spends part of Christmas with us, I'm good. She can go there for a few hours and see what happens.

Everyone else who thought of us and cared, I love ya :)