MWM Posted an Article about Abused Parents on Watercooler

scent of cedar

MWM posted an article about abused parents on Watercooler. If you haven't had a chance to read it, take a minute and do that. I had to read it a few times before I allowed myself to see myself and husband there. (Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. :O) ) For some reason though, I just kept going back to it. I still have that shocky feeling you get when you break through another little piece of the denial that seems to attend interacting with a troubled difficult child.

The whole concept is amazing.

In anything I've ever read, it never once occurred to me that the patterns of behavior we go through with our adult difficult children exactly reflect the dynamic of the abusive relationship.

I'm still just reeling.

Cedar

scent of cedar

He does, MWM. And I have it on two fronts.

Three, if you count my mother.

Funny, how I've always known there was something wrong with my mom, but never looked at it like an abusive relationship. But of course it is. You can't have an abuser without a person being abused, for heaven sake. Somehow, we think that once we've grown up, we're handling all this stuff, at least, the stuff having to do with our parents, appropriately.

Ha!

I'm so glad you found and posted that article, MWM.

:O)

Cedar

BusynMember

No problem. I was searching to see if this is recognized. Even some people on the forum sometimes say, "But I CAN'T abandon my child, no matter how much he abuses me."

I felt that way once too.