My 3 year old

karif

crazymomof4
I think my difficult child is getting used to the dose of Respridol. I am not sure how much is safe. WE have appointment with Neuro tommorow. I hope he will agree to do mri and eeg under sedation. I think there is much more going on than just behavioral. He is on .2 in am and .2 in the pm. He is little I am not sure more medications are the answer. Has anyone had success with nutrition? Maybe changeing his diet. He craves carbs and sugar when he does eat. He also loves chicken, the more chicken the better.:smug:

SRL

Craving carbs is pretty common for young children--especially young children with Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD). The diet that many parents look to first for Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) is gluten free-casien free. Do a search on gfgc diet Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) and you should find lots of info out there.

Occuptional therapy can also be helpful for some children in accepting more foods.

Mandy

Parent In Training
We are doing a low sugar, gluten free diet with difficult child. The only sugar he is getting are the one's actually contained in the fruits and gluten products naturally. He seems to like the food, and we made it sound great by calling it his "special" food. I also explained to him what he couldn't have so he knows too. We have been doing it for abt. a week now and he has actually had some improvements. However, I am not sure if it is for real or not because i truly beleive he is bi-polar. I found that Kroger actually carries a lot of gluten free products for children, and I found a quick guide online to go by. Here is the link if you want to take a look!

http://www.celiachealth.org/pdf/GlutenFreeDietGuideWeb.pdf