My 5 year Anniversary...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
So I am SO pathetic... I am on new medications and not feeling too well... things have been pretty stressful around the Totoro household. K is just doing OK... husband is trying, but probably stressed out by 2 girls who are BiPolar (BP)... and little N who is Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) and Anxious as well!!!

SO yeah today is our 5 year wedding anniversary... but we have been together like 100 years...
TO husband this is a big deal... of course I kind of forgot.
So he ran into town, so I just went through my stash of cards, found a beautiful Christmas card, marked out the Christmas part (Sorry)
But it is to a Husband and is really lovely and snowy... says all of the right things... so I put in, 5 years over the part I marked out!!! LOL
I wrote in how much I loved him and how hard it has been...
I am such a loser...

On a good note we picked up N's glasses on Friday and she has been wearing them yesterday ad today... "Mommy they are making me see colors!"
She likes them!!!
Please let this Lamictal work for me!!! I need some stinkin stability...

susiestar

Roll With It
Congrats on your anniversary,

Enjoy it as much as possible.

Good news about N and her glasses. That is what I liked so much about my first pair of glasses. I still remember it - getting the 1st pair.

I am sorry things are so wild for you. I wish for stability for all of you!

Susie

Oh sweetie. You are the farthest thing in the world from a loser. I think it's cute that you gave him a redone card.

You've got so much on your plate. Please give yourself a break. Hugs to my favorite Bears fan.

DammitJanet

Awww hugs toto. Im sure husband was thrilled with the card...and what ya gave him later on...wink wink!

We forget the darned anniversaries almost all the time...lol. Last year we actually remembered it because Hailie was born on our anniversary! This years is going to be a pretty major one for us...25 years...but who knows if we will even go out to dinner...lol.

We will probably be at a birthday party!

I hope the lamictal helps you as much as it helps me. It did take me about 4 to 5 weeks before it really kicked in. Thankfully Im on a ton of medications anyway too.

dreamer

Awwwwwww. How sweet of husband! I am sorry you have so much going on you could not enjoy it so much. :-( hugs to you!
Happy Anniversary, anyway.

M

ML

You are NOT a loser. Far from it. You have a full load. You are doing the best you can, and he ll yes it's good enough! ML

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Congrats. I hope husband understands.

I know graduates and husband's aren't exactly the same thing, but easy child 1's favorite graduation card was a marked up 50th wedding anniversary card. We ALL remember that one. Maybe this will be the same for husband.

Marguerite

Understanding is what long-term marriage should be about.

husband & I just clocked up 30 years in January. And we insisted, we were going to go out together ON THE DAY and not postpone it like we've had to do so often.

I remember one Christmas when we really couldn't afford much at all, husband couldn't afford to buy me a gift, so he made me a small leather pouch for my Swiss Army knife. And he actually apologised, for a gift I treasure a great deal! It is pretty, it is practical (because my knife was getting covered in fluff and gunk from kicking round in my bag) and now with the new laws about carrying knives, I suspect having it in a little pouch makes it more acceptable to the cops, should I be stopped and searched (our cops currently have the right to search anyone at any time). You can't just whip it out and use it as a weapon impulsively, so my stated reason for carrying it (for food preparation and for a portable tool kit) should stand up.

My knife comes in so handy, so often. It's increasingly unusual for people to have on with them all the time, so more and more, I'm finding people needing help and wanting to borrow my screwdriver, my scissors, my saw, my file... and I use the knife when I'm cutting up tomatoes and bread rolls for lunch on the move. And husband's gift all those years ago makes it still possible.

So don't be down on yourself for what you consider a dorky gift. Sometimes they're the best.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh, totoro, yours was a sweet loving gift...from the heart. It mattered that you gave him at least something to mark the day and that's all that matters.

To this day my favorite Valentine is one H gave me back in 1992...he cut a heart shape out of an old pizza parlor menu (that happened to be red), turned it over and wrote me a poem, "Roses are Red...." and then he cut out some waxed paper for the edges. We were kind of seeing each other but didn't want to publicize it because my girls were still so little and honestly, we didn't know if it would last forever so why scar them?

Anyway, that was and IS my favorite Valentine and I still have it packed away. I'm sure your H will keep his "anniversary" card forever.

nvts

Happy Anniversary! 5 years that feel like an eternity! I know the feeling...it's the kids! As of late I'm refering to mine as my terminal illness...they'll kill me one way or the other!

You brought back very fond memories...our 5th anniversary, we were flat broke (as usual) our dining room was chock full of building materials because we had just finished the living room. I made a really nice dinner and was setting up saw horses and a piece of plywood as a table when husband (trying to be gallant!) said "I'll do that for you", lifted up the plywood, which caught on the ceiling fan blades and bent and twisted 2 of the blades.

I ran out of the room before he caught me laughing!!!

For our 10th anniversary, he replaced the fan blades!

You're not a loser, you're under the gun. Kick back, relax and enjoy! There's too much pressure in this life to be a slave to tradition. If you feel bad about the card, have the kids help you make one for Daddy from you. You'll be amazed at what their take on your relationship is and he'll treasure it forever! It'll allow the new glasses to be put to good use!!!!

Have fun!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
TOTO,

DO NOT EVER CALL YOURSELF A LOOSER AGAIN! EVER! I mean it!!

You are a super person with a huge heart, kind disposition, loving and warm, thoughtful. And by the looks of recycling a Christmas card - you are GREEN! That was totally cool. I find cards all the time with the right words but the wrong holiday on them and sometimes friends get the wrong card with the right words. What you say is more important than the picture anyway.

So you're not a model organizationalist? What ever. And forgetful? Um...yeah lets talk about how stress effects your ability to think, remember, do - some days I was glad that I thought I remembered to breathe and then....?.......I'd take a breath.

So after all that? When WAS the last time you walked on water Toto?

Grabbing the scissor and cutting you some slack.

Hugs
Starbie the slack-cutter Barbie - she comes with a lovely pair of scissors, and a wastebasket to hold the leftover slack. (Slack not included)

:tongue:

susiestar

Roll With It
I VOTE WITH STARBIE!!!

DON'T EVER EVER EVER CALL YOURSELF A LOSER AGAIN!!!

You just have too much going on!!!!! TOO many things to handle. YOU are an AMAZING person.

BE NICE TO OUR TOTORO!!!!!!

or else!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Thanks Everyone!!!!
He was so nice... he went out with the girls and bought me 2 beautiful potted plants. With pots that will look great in Tucson... one is filled with Tulips... the other a bunch of spring flowers....
We went to see Horton Hears a Who with the girls... We had a nice time.... K kept screaming and the whole place kept turning to see if she was OK!!! LOL
At this point I don't even care... we just kept smiling and she was fine... jumping up and down... screaming... I would hold her mouth every once once in awhile.
Take a deep breath....
A nice day...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hey...at least you remembered. We've gone the past few years...5 or so, without even remebering it was our anniversary. It's like a week later and I think...oh, gosh!! We missed yet another anniversary!

I'm sure he'll appreciate the card and the thoughts that go with it.

Hugs...Abbey