shorty3940

My seven yr old son cannot control his anger the last two weeks
He freaks out over the fittest things he cries screams tells u what
He's gna do n that's it he will throw whatever he can whenever he can
When he's extremely mad he punches kicks hits n bits me when I go
Anywhere near him he's going to his new therapist today after school
Because he freaked out so bad yesterday he bite me and broke my skin
Then he got mad at Me and took his pants off and used them
To hit me with them its so sad to see my baby boy like this besides him feaking out
He's such an amazing loving kid I get nothing but awesome comments about him
He's awesome in school after he freaks out he's sad about it and ao sorry does anyone
Have any advise I love him so much hopeful new therapist can help today ! :(

buddy

Wow, he has never had behavior like that before? Or any other behaviors that you were concerned about? Is he cared for mostly by you? Is there a new teacher or aide or coach or anyone who could be abusing him? If this is a new behavior I guess I would be looking for what new trigger, either within him (some kind of illness or seizure or ingrown toenail--not a joke that would send my son over the edge and he may not be able to tell me) or something outside of him like a kid who is bullying him or an adult or kid who is abusing him, etc.

What do you do when he does that? When my son is in a rage, he sometimes needs silence even though of course it is natural to yell to tell them to stop. But different kids are different. Some need hugs, some need to be sent to a private or time out/chill out area.

There are a couple of books that help for us to get fresh ideas on how to handle explosive kids, one called The Explosive Child by Ross Greene and the other called What Your Explosive Child Is Trying To Tell You, by Dr. Doug Riley.

Can you give us more information? It may help us to see if we have experienced similar things that we can share with you. If you have a therapist does that mean you have had other concerns or did you just call within these two weeks of trouble and get an appointment right away?

Welcome to you and so sorry he is having such a rough time. Sounds awful.

L

Liahona

Welcome. Did the behaviors just start 2 weeks ago? How long has he been seeing a therapist?

buddy

The hitting yes n the temper has been a lot worst the last two weeks he goes today to new therapist

I am a little confused, so sorry if I am repeating...when you say a new therapist does that mean there was an old therapist? He had hitting behavior before but the temper is worse in the last two weeks? BUT do you mean he did have some level of behaviors even before the two weeks of increased behavior?

TerryJ2

Welcome, Shorty. I am so sorry you and your son are going through this.
I hope you get a good referral from the therapist to get to the bottom of this. It seems like more than talk therapy is needed ... such as a solid diagnosis.
Are you saying that he was always an angry kid, but that the hitting just started recently?
Has he been exposed to any violence at home or school lately? Threatened? Beaten?
What was he like as a baby?

BusynMember

Welcome to the board, but sorry you have to be here. Still...we will try to help.

Can you give us a bit of his backstory? Has he always been this way? Has he suffered any traumas? Does he live with two parents? Is he on a new medication this past two weeks that may have caused him to act out more? We need more info.

Ktllc

Welcome, and you catch a break(maybe when your son is in bed?), give us a bit more info so we can share some useful advise, thoughts, pointers. I see 2 possibilities: totally new behavior or same behavior just a notch more intense. Obviously those are very different scenarios and should probably be handled differently.