My attitude hoovers

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
The past 3 months of difficult child-dom have hoovered in a hoover-dam sized way.

I'm so so so so so sick of the school situation. And finally the meeting is tomorrow.

But this week, I just can't seem to get my head in the game. I've always been good (at least I've been told) at being objective despite the carp that's thrown my way.

One Broom's nickel and diming us, Two Broom's continuing to blame me (those are just annoyances). But DEX's girlfriend bugging difficult child 1 and his wife, and wanting wee difficult child to join her "family" just really....exceeds my ability to see things clearly. Toss into that the situation with the medicaid, and the fact that if I apply for these services (targeted case management and medicaid), the child support people WILL go after DEX. I was told by DSS that if I get sole custody and modify visitation so he has none (he hasn't used his visitation in 6+ years) based on it being a "detriment to wee difficult child's emotional stability", that would show cause to avoid the child support issues, which means they'd leave DEX alone, and he, in turn, would leave difficult child alone, and I could tell girlfriend to shove it without worrying that she's gonna get a father of the year hair up her hiney and push DEX into the middle of all we've been doing to get wee difficult child straightened out. I can't keep what I need to do for the medicaid stuff, what difficult child NEEDS, and the fact that I don't want them to have anything to do with this seperate this time. And its bugging me. I've always been able to put my personal issues aside for the kids...why not now?

Anyway, I gotta get my head in the game for tomorrow. My focus has to be what difficult child needs at school. Just pray I can do that.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ugh! You can do like I do......just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I have a feeling once you sit down in that meeting, you'll pull it together just fine. If you're afraid you'll forget something, right it down and make a list before you go.

I had a couple of meetings with the school where I felt that way. Life has this lovely way of hitting me with a series of carp all at once. But once I'd get in there the old warrior Mom took control and it was ok. Except that I seemed to have less patience for their bull than normal. And even that often worked out in my favor. ;) lol

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We all have our threshold for muck that we're able to contain, and once that's been crossed, the Hoover Dam bursts and it all comes tumbling down. I suspect you've reached your limit, dear! And it's no surprise I think to anyone ;)

Hang in there... you are doing the best you can and that's all anyone can ask. Tomorrow will go fine -- you'll rise to the occasion like always.:you_go_girl:

Abbey

Spork Queen
DON'T BACK DOWN! It doesn't matter what you are dealing with, but they eventually get tired of dealing with you and bend. You have the law on your end.

Abbey

Shari,

Just want you to know I'm thinking of you this morning... Like Abbey said, DON'T BACK DOWN!!! And, I think Lisa (Daisylover) has a great point - Once you get there, the Warrior Mom in you will come out full force - If you take less carp than usual, in my humble opinion, this can work in your favor. HANG IN THERE!!!

Sending lots of hugs... WFEN

Star*

call 911........call 911
Yup -

Mud-mucking, dam-bursting, had all I can take mood here too.

I've been so distracted lately - I (meeeee) I licked an envelope.....30 years of using glue sticks and I licked an envelope. Just goes to show you how "spitting" mad I am.