My Baby is NINE Today!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Yes, that is correct, my youngest child is now NINE!

How did this happen?? Just yesterday I was carrying him on my hip. And now he is programming his computer to do things and complaining because we won't get a cell phone for him!

I so totally NOT ready to have him be a preteen!

But even on HIS special day he thought of others. he really, really likes chocolate. But when we discussed what treats to bring to school he asked me NOT to bring chocolate. One of his classmates is allergic to it and loves it. Apparently sneaking chocolate is a problem and he was concerned that she might get sick.

So he asked me to make blueberry muffin tops instead. Jessie asked if she could make them as part of his birthday gift. And they were awesome - and loved by the kids!

I just thought that was totally cool of him.

Anyway, just thought I would share. I still can't believe I have a 9yo. In just a YEAR he will be in the DOUBLE DIGITS!

;)

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG I AM SO OLD.........thank you can NO NO NO NOT be 9......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDRO!!!!!!!

Love ya -
AUntie Star

susiestar

Roll With It
Poor guy, this was NOT the best birthday.

The class LOVED the blueberry muffin tops. The teacher even asked if she could take the leftovers for her 2 sons (both at the school and were going to be stuck in the class while she got ready for the end of the year after school today).

I did go out and pick up his presents, and Jessie and I made pumpkin crumble instead of cake (his pick). We also made chicken, rice and gravy and biscuits for dinner (with veggies of course, but he didn't eat any).

husband was SO UPSET. He had to leave really early (before 6) and didn't get home until almost 10pm!! This was the FIRST birthday of any of the kids that husband has missed - he felt terrible, but they have a HUGE proposal and he HAD to be there.

We are going to get up at 6am andhave pumpkin crumble and sing and do candles and the presents.

It is so hard when his birthday is just before Xmas. thank you was a REALLY good sport though. Esp because the present I let him open was an Animorph book - I don't think he even registered the rest of us EXISTED after he opened the book.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Chiming in belatedly here, but wishing him a happy birthday anyway! December birthdays are tough. difficult child 2's is on the 9th, which seems far enough away, but it makes it tough for planning a party sometimes.

My youngest turned 9 this past year as well. So much for me losing all the baby fat!