My "baby" sister is 16

mstang67chic

Going Green
WHEN did that happen????

Ok so technically she's not 16 till tomorrow but we're doing cake and ice cream today. I just can't believe it....seems like yesterday she was 1 and toddling all over my wedding reception.

I am in the process of finishing her birthday present....kind of a tradition that I started with our other sister when she turned 16.

I write a poem containing things/memories that are "ours" and print it out in a nice font. I frame it between a picture of me holding that sister as a baby and a more recent picture.

With this sister, I'm still doing things along the traditional way but as she is not traditional (LOL) I'm going slightly off path. I don't have a good picture of the two of us recently so I'm only using one from years ago. But...I'm using my favorite of the two of us. It was taken at my wedding reception, I'm holding her...she's about a year old and we're almost cheek to cheek.

And the "poem".....welllllllllll..............LOL Step has met her and can attest. She's not the most traditional of kids. Not that she's off in her own little world, she's just.......herself. Here it is. It won't make sense really to anyone but us but it's funny.

The surprise sister
Evil twin
Mini me
Extra teeth
Spare bones

Can read your own X-rays
Spits gum on my car
Growls over dessert
Belches the alphabet
Can’t finish ice cream cones

Snow dances
Snuff boxes
Watch out for that….door
Or cabinet, trim or wall
Gags at my ring tones

Road trips
Hot muffins
Moo I’m a spider
Wapakeneta
No hugging zone

No mush allowed
But I still snuck it in
When did I blink
Sister of mine
You’re almost grown.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I love your poetry!!!!!

And, yes, it fits her - VERY WELL!!!

Happy birthday to you little sis!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Very nice. And I think I've got your sis's personality down now. lol HB lil sis!

And Nichole has having a cow cuz her baby is turning 4! LOL:tongue: